“This restaurant is unbelievable!”
Review of Boca de Cena

Boca de Cena
Ranked #3 of 182 Restaurants in Ponta Delgada
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“This restaurant is unbelievable!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Went to Boca da Cena with my wife for dinner based on the great reviews it received. Well our experience ranks right at the top with the others. We arrived at 7PM to find they didn't open until 8PM so we walked down to the waterfront to kill time. We almost went back to our hotel to dine but glad we opted to wait for Ricardo, the owner to open. His personal attention to us was amazing given he's the only person working at the restaurant. We each had a fish entree that came with a delicious salad, wine, and dessert (treat from Ricardo) that totaled only 34€. His signature Blackbeard fish dish was very delicious. We highly recommend Boca da Cena.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank David L

• Polish first
Sao Miguel, Azores
“always excellent”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Boca de Cena is truly one of the best. I have never had a bad meal here. Ricardo is the chef, owner, host and server. He is amazing! I would describe the type of food served here as being more Continental than Portuguese.The menu changes with the seasons and there is a good variety of food choices. Last time I ordered dessert, which I usually skip, but I am so glad I had the chocolate cake. It was divine! I would highly recommend going for dinner,and savoring the food and the atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank VaKMSaoMiguel_Azores
Helsinki, Finland
“Great lunch”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We had a hard time finding this place but finally we did. It is located near the market hall, right in front of Teatro Micaelense. The restaurant is small but apparently popular with the locals since we were the only tourists there.

At lunch there's three choices: meat, fish or vegetarian. There was only one man handling everything and I'm guessing he is the owner as well. He was a bit quirky but in a good way. He seemed to know most of the clientele which was a good sign in my opinion. He told us he doesn't speak good English, so he brought us small samples of the meat and vegetarian dishes. He also showed us the fish filet so it would be easier for us to decide what to order. Meat and vegetarian tasted good but we wanted to have the fish filet.

It was a good choice because it was delicious. Fish was served with salad and potatoes. I would definitely eat there again if I had the chance!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank TravellingCat
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Food was great. Had the grilled octopus entree and my partner had the stark n eggs. Both were very good. I did want to try the fried octopus appetizer, but the waiter did not recommend since I was already eating octopus for main entree. Enjoyed this restaurant, very cozy and dark. Reasonably priced. Was here march 9, 2013

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank eyetacs
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

The chef was a magician!
The meal was suburb. We had the crispy octopus and it was succulent. My husband commented tha it was the best that he has ever eaten. If you can find the theatro, it is across the square. We have two nights left in town and we may return. We have had good meals in Ponta Delgado, but this food is clearly a notch above any place else that we have tried.

2 Thank Meg B