There is obviously a lot to improve, but despite that this place is just special. Very good location, most rooms face the sea, those that don't are not worth staying (you can always visit the hotel for a drink).
Pool is good, relaxed and not crowed, most people go to beaches nearby for relaxing or surfing. There is also a small indoor pool.
Breakfast was good, there wasn't fresh juices or a lot of egg options, but you have "bubbling wine", many pastry options, smoked salmon, some fresh fruits, etc. May get tyring after a few days but for 1 or 2 nights stay I find it apropriate. The breakfast room has a terrace overlooking the sea which is perfect. Did enjoyed it considering a 4 star hotel standard (although some private houses offer many times better quality).
During the night many guests enjoy the main bar, we had a jazz duo playing during our stay, very cool.
Rooms are small but look good, everything was nice.
- I found the bed unconfortable, although very subjective, my wife slept well
- Bought caps for the indoor pool (mandatory) only to find that everyone that went there were not using them. Absolutely no conttol in this area, kids are not permited to go there during the evening, but we found many, sauna was not working during the morning, floor very wet, etc. Very poor job here.
- They only change pool towels after 3 nights (for free). Never saw this anywhere, even if you want to be ecologicaly responsible. I stay in a hotel exactly because I don't want to care about this kind of issues. After 3 days going to the pool and beach, the towel would look like crap.
In a nutshell, a good choice, particularly off season (in August they can easily charge 150 a night, ridiculous).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Yoga surf retreats Europe Portugal. Train Mind&Body in a beautifull 4* seaview hotel with Spa. Daily Yoga and meditation Classes, Surf and nature walks in the beautifull natural park of SW algarve in Portugal. A surf yoga holiday Europe. The perfect way to re-establish a deep connection with your innerself, Nature and to recharge and reconnect your life with the big LIFE..Join one of our Surf Yoga holidays and retreats in Europe Portugal and train mind and body for a more happy and healthy LIFE! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Memmo Baleeira Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Memmo Baleeira
- Memmo Baleeira Sagres