“Average”

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Sagres
Karachi, Pakistan
“Average”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Staff seemed a bit rude and they had charged my card before we even came to their place, which was odd as booking.com never does that, finding this place was a bit tough as we went in circles. Rooms are big but with no taste at all and they are kind of empty, you could play football in them but they had direct access to a wonderful chilly pool, lots of parking in their compound.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Khiz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The manager of this hotel is a complete disgrace to his nation. I have never met such an arrogant individual.

We ordered a hire car to arrive at the hotel for us, a young girls (20ish) dropped it off - I was in reception when she asked for me.....he started pulling faces and when I was talking to her I could see him making rude faces......such an ignorant man.

We ended up having a row, as i wasn't going to let him treat me this way, having paid to stay in his average (at best) hotel. Am old an who will put up a fight too....I am half his age and felt somewhat disturbed after leaving him throffing at the mouth!!!

Couldn't wait to get out of the place in the end up - when leaving I didn't say a word to him....he looked at me as if in amazement!

STAY WELL AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: No good room, average at best, very windy resort - so pool always cold.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank YoungIrishFamily

Travelers are raving about these Sagres hotels

Lead, South Dakota
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Two friends and I stayed here in April of 2013 while on a tour of the Algarve. Our room was clean and comfortable and the price was great. The next morning we enjoyed a simple but nice continental breakfast. Unfortunately it was a little too cool so early in the season to enjoy the large outdoor pool, but it looked very nice! It was a really great room for the price and I don't know why anyone would be expecting the room to be decorated like the Bellagio in Las Vegas or something! I would stay there again if I were in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Donto1
Sternberk, Olomoucky Kraj, Czech Republic
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Terrible hotel, I have rent a bike in Sagres and every day they opened me room with food to put my bike there, one day there have no time to open me the room, so I decided to take it to the room, next they some old man, probably the boss was screaming "no man , no bike in the room, one more again I will kick you out of my hotel" , I must call police.... very witless incident. Please do not visit this hotel !!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Jan B
lisboa
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Well the good stuff first: Nice and big pool, large rooms and free parking with lots of space.
Now the bad: Everything else. Rooms poorly decorated and uncorftable, the staff is awfull, the breakfast is terrible (the worst i've ever seen) and... i think you got the picture. Avoid...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank miguel_9
Dublin
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The Hotel is located at the entrance of the town and if you reach Sagres by bus from Lagos you have the Eva Bus stop just in front of it, so be attentive, look on the left hand side and book your stop as soon as you read Don Tenorio. We had the chance to have an amazing room (room number 113): big, clean, with a view of the swimming pool. The rate was interesting and the whole experience went way beyond our expectations. We only had breakfast and I cannot complain at all. The rate was unexpensive, therefore I would definitely consder this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank meteconelmondo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Hi All, I just got back from a one night stay at the Don Tenorio Hotel Apartmento in Sagres and here is my review. Driving around on my way to Sagres I saw a sign for this 3* hotel that was just off the main road. Usually I check Trip Advisor and I go from there but this was a shot in the dark, as I approached the property it was tidy and in good shape. I parked in front of the lobby so I could check to see if there was availability, at this moment a young man came forward and I asked him if he had rooms, he replied yes but nervously he said you have to move your vehicle, the director doesn`t want anyone parked in front, I agreed but it`s not like I was blocking anyone and I was just there for a minute or two to see if this suited me. In any case I moved my vehicle and I asked to see the room, on my way to the room I asked him how much it was, he said $36 Euros including breakfast for two. Since his English was average I asked him to confirm the price that I thought was too low for this kind of place. $36 it was! Upon entering the room I couldn’t believe the size of this place it was huge, this room was made to access handicap people, there was a long hallway leading to a huge room with tall ceilings, I then opened the curtains and there was this beautiful pool steps away from the room, I said to myself what a catch!! On the way back to the reception he mentioned that there was no air conditioning in this hotel. I figured that was okay since this was off season and the nights were cool but southern Portugal can get really hot so be aware, what were they thinking when they built this place. Anyways it was fine for a night at that price, and the breakfast was very acceptable. So here you have it, the pros: Cheap, great pool, oversized room, free parking. The cons: No air conditioning, no fans, no screens on the door, and the management seems to terrorize there staff. And for the final question would I return to this hotel, yes if it`s off season and the temperature is cool, otherwise no way it`s not worth it!
Cheers!

Room Tip: Ground floor might be cooler than upper floors, No air conditioning
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple