New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Sagres
Lead, South Dakota
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Two friends and I stayed here in April of 2013 while on a tour of the Algarve. Our room was clean and comfortable and the price was great. The next morning we enjoyed a simple but nice continental breakfast. Unfortunately it was a little too cool so early in the season to enjoy the large outdoor pool, but it looked very nice! It was a really great room for the price and I don't know why anyone would be expecting the room to be decorated like the Bellagio in Las Vegas or something! I would stay there again if I were in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Donto1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sternberk, Olomoucky Kraj, Czech Republic
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Terrible hotel, I have rent a bike in Sagres and every day they opened me room with food to put my bike there, one day there have no time to open me the room, so I decided to take it to the room, next they some old man, probably the boss was screaming "no man , no bike in the room, one more again I will kick you out of my hotel" , I must call police.... very witless incident. Please do not visit this hotel !!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Jan B

Travelers are raving about these Sagres hotels

lisboa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Well the good stuff first: Nice and big pool, large rooms and free parking with lots of space.
Now the bad: Everything else. Rooms poorly decorated and uncorftable, the staff is awfull, the breakfast is terrible (the worst i've ever seen) and... i think you got the picture. Avoid...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank miguel_9
Dublin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

The Hotel is located at the entrance of the town and if you reach Sagres by bus from Lagos you have the Eva Bus stop just in front of it, so be attentive, look on the left hand side and book your stop as soon as you read Don Tenorio. We had the chance to have an amazing room (room number 113): big, clean, with a view of the swimming pool. The rate was interesting and the whole experience went way beyond our expectations. We only had breakfast and I cannot complain at all. The rate was unexpensive, therefore I would definitely consder this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank meteconelmondo
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Hi All, I just got back from a one night stay at the Don Tenorio Hotel Apartmento in Sagres and here is my review. Driving around on my way to Sagres I saw a sign for this 3* hotel that was just off the main road. Usually I check Trip Advisor and I go from there but this was a shot in the dark, as I approached the property it was tidy and in good shape. I parked in front of the lobby so I could check to see if there was availability, at this moment a young man came forward and I asked him if he had rooms, he replied yes but nervously he said you have to move your vehicle, the director doesn`t want anyone parked in front, I agreed but it`s not like I was blocking anyone and I was just there for a minute or two to see if this suited me. In any case I moved my vehicle and I asked to see the room, on my way to the room I asked him how much it was, he said $36 Euros including breakfast for two. Since his English was average I asked him to confirm the price that I thought was too low for this kind of place. $36 it was! Upon entering the room I couldn’t believe the size of this place it was huge, this room was made to access handicap people, there was a long hallway leading to a huge room with tall ceilings, I then opened the curtains and there was this beautiful pool steps away from the room, I said to myself what a catch!! On the way back to the reception he mentioned that there was no air conditioning in this hotel. I figured that was okay since this was off season and the nights were cool but southern Portugal can get really hot so be aware, what were they thinking when they built this place. Anyways it was fine for a night at that price, and the breakfast was very acceptable. So here you have it, the pros: Cheap, great pool, oversized room, free parking. The cons: No air conditioning, no fans, no screens on the door, and the management seems to terrorize there staff. And for the final question would I return to this hotel, yes if it`s off season and the temperature is cool, otherwise no way it`s not worth it!
Cheers!

Room Tip: Ground floor might be cooler than upper floors, No air conditioning
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mikealoneathome
Moscow, Russia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

We booked this hotel because it was the cheapest for that period and we really needed to stop in Sagres for three days to have surfing classes.
Well, by the way 'the cheapest' means 440 Euro for a double room for 4 nights. It's not very cheap as you might see.

We knew that it was not new but the surprise was bigger than anyone could imagine.

Advantages:
- a nice swimming pool (which is not so useful considering the climate in Sagres in August);
- a large free parking which was useful for us with a van.

Disadvantages (seems like everything else):

- old rooms with many problems. for example, we had three rooms and only one of them had a working (not easy-working) window locker. the staff said that they were sure that nobody would steal anything. it was a nice promise from them, such a guarantee!

- room service was a real shock. what they did was: they made a bed and then threw some of my things on it. first day it was my shorts. the day after it was a shirt of my girlfriend. I repeat: the things were not put, they were thrown, i.e. creasy and etc.
all other things were just untouched.

- the staff (few oldmen and one young guy) were a bit silly and certainly not friendly. However, the young guy was more friendly then his colleagues, but definitely same silly, with bad english. That's a rather big hotel and we don't understand that choice of personnel.

- the breakfast was very poor. bread, 1 sort of ham, 1 sort of cheese, butter, cornflakes and drinks (the coffee machine was quite good, but the rest of drinks were s**t.)

So what I would say - it's possible to stay in this hotel, you will not die (probably).
BUT for that price they can at least try to change something from 70's.
If we did not have any business in Sagres (as surfing) and had to 'enjoy' our hotel, we would be unhappy the rest part of the trip.

So please think twice before spending this money on something that doesn't deserve it and even doesn't try to!

Good luck!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
6 Thank Mitya_1
Coquitlam, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

The room was clean, large - lots of space for small children to play, but sparsely furnished, which was okay because we were just there for 1 night. The service at the front desk could have been more friendly and professional.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Smartblonde605
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sagres
Sagres Time Apartamentos
Pousada de Sagres, Infante
Pontalaia Apartamentos Turisticos
Memmo Baleeira Hotel
Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel

Been to Don Tenorio Aparthotel? Share your experiences!