“Great Staff!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Waza
Description: restaurant is located about 3km west of Sagres, across the street from Pria Beliche
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I accidentally reviewed this under the name of WASA before I noticed my mistake! Anyway, you can look at my review there but, suffice to say, great staff, friendly atmosphere, varied good value menu and nice location just at the top of Beliche Beach......

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Waiting for the sunset at the lighthouse we came to this place on the way there - after a hot day, and feeling tired. It was cool and welcoming, and they had lots of specials for the day. Unfortunately it was too hot for us to want to eat much, so we each chose one of the rather amazing salads - totally delicious and just right for us. We had some bread, olives, dips and wonderful cheese while waiting for the salads - very unusual and nicely presented, clearly carefully sourced and home-made dips too. Very very friendly people there too, with a charming smiley dog (rescued from a road accident and thriving) pottering outside.

2  Thank Helen312
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We chanced upon Waza while hot and tired and stopped there for a
Right launch without any great expectations. To our pleasant surprise we found a very friendly and tasteful place. All we had were some starters two salads and a beer, but all we had was fresh and tasty. Even the bread was excellent. Seems to be a very friendly and adroit place for a meal.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Definitely add this spot to your West coast drive. In addition to being across the street from a great beach and a better view, it's a cozy, welcoming place to refresh yourself. It has an front dining patio, a uniquely decorated dining room, and a wide open courtyard patio for lounging. We only stopped for drinks and a snack but the pastel de nata (custard tart) eaten here were the best we had in Portugal! A perfect blend of French and Portuguese culinary skills! You will be welcomed and treated warmly and you'll leave for the rest of your drive up the magnificent coast feeling refreshed.

2  Thank J B
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I stopped in for a light supper at Waza and enjoyed it thoroughly. Part of the enjoyment was the fun of talking to the hostess, Helena (Portuguese) and the chef, Jean-Louie (French/Brittany). They are a personable pair and talking with them enhanced the dining experience.

The restaurant is a great place to stop between the Cape St. Vincent lighthouse (a must-see) and the town of Sagres. It has a very attractive, modern, clean interior decoration and well-spaced tables.

The highlight for me was the fish soup, a pureed broth of five different fishes. It had a deep, rich taste that I really liked. My wife's salad was good, as was my huge goat cheese grilled sandwich and the brownie dessert. The cheese appetizer was excellent, as was the house wine.

All in all, a great, light stop in an attractive location with reasonable prices and very friendly folk.