WINNER WONDERLAND

“Nice day out” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mar Ilimitado

Mar Ilimitado
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a team of passionate marine biologists committed to the preservation of the ocean. We offer boat tours and diving experiences with integrated environmental education. Some of the tourism activities contribute to our research and conservation projects.
Almancil, Portugal
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Nice day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Really friendly and well informed staff. We went on the dolphin watching boat tour that is supposed to be one and a half hours, we had really bad luck and there was no dolphins. The crew didn't give up, they keeled o. Looking and only after two hours did we see our first dolphin :).
Really great day out, enjoyed it immensely.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Tamara I
Mar_Ilimitado, Front Office Manager at Mar Ilimitado, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Tamara,

Thank you for your positive review!
We are glad you enjoyed the trip.

Hope to see you again!

Scarsdale, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

We went on a dolphin boat trip with them and had a great time! The boat and safety features were top notch, fast boat ride was fun for everyone. The captain was knowledgeable and friendly and we saw many many dolphins during our ride. He cut the motor and they just swam right around the boat! We got lots of great pictures. He also took us to tour caves on the ride back along the coast which was a great bonus we all loved. He drove the boat into the caves and we were able to look out - very cool! Just do it - worth every penny!

Visited August 2011
2 Thank travelobsessed13
Paris, France
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great Dolphin cruise experience, very serious and dedicated people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

I took my kids on a dolphin watching cruise with Mar Illimitado last week or so. The boat was a nice and powerful rubberduck, which looked brand new to me. The captain who is a marine biologist went to great lengths to find dolphins miles from the coast. At the beginning of the trip we did spot a fin but it was a moon fish. the kids were quite excited nonetheless. We then went on searching for dolphins for close to two hours, which was the duration the dolphin trip was supposed to last. I thought we would go back to Sagres without having seen a dolphin. I felt sorry for the kids (and for myself too). However the captain went on searching and spotted a group of dolphins 6 miles from the coast. It was a real dolphin nursery with babies and their mothers surfing the waves; We spent half an hour following them (the boat is very well suited to do so). The kids were overjoyed. We came back to the port 45 minutes after schedule but the captain did not seem to mind : he was more interested in satisfying his customers than in saving his time and his fuel. I thought it was quite extraordinary.
We left Sagres the next day so I did not have a chance to try any of their other boat trips but I am sure they are all very interesting.
So if you are considering boat trips in Sagres, do not hesitate to use Mar Illimitado services. They are knowledgeable, serious an d dedicated people ad what they are offering is worth evey penny.

Visited August 2011