All reviews communal vibe boat party burger night home away from home friendly vibe amazing week great hosts good vibes felt like home a wonderful stay stayed longer laid back cam stella beaches algarve hangout
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I surely advice to everyone this location for your holidays! Awesome staff, awesome roomates, awesome beachs and awesome waves. I'll be back soon there. Happy breakfasts where you can eat all good foods. But the cool thing is the cake at 6pm, when you return from the beach after a long surf session that gorgeous cake is the most beautiful thing of the day :))

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very welcoming and friendly staff. Located in a residential area, so pretty quiet - not touristic. Yet there are plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. Beds/mattresses are ok-ish. A cleaner's coming in every day. They offer an extensive breakfast from 9-10 am and you can prepare a sandwich for the beach if you've booked surf lessons with them. We enjoyed delicious cake almost every day (yummy!) and you can join special dinner/BBQ nights for a small supplement charge if you like. Only recommendation: keep your towels in your room, otherwise you may have to start a search operation.

Room tip: The rooms are allocated by the host and I believe are pretty much the same throughout. But I guess you could ask for rooms on the main entrance side. On the rear side the hostel has an outdoors/bar area and although the music goes off around half eleven at night, guests might stay up till late talking.... Just go surfing all day and you'll be too exhausted to care really.
Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had an amazing stay here! the weather was great all week, it was really easy to get around, and the surf was pretty consistent. The hostel has great facilities and an awesomely chilled atmosphere. All the people that work there are lovely and really helpful; the delicious and varied breakfast every morning and packed sandwiches they allow you to take every day mean you can get by spending vary little extra on food. overall it was a pleasure to stay here, its a great place to meet new people, surf ,and relax and i recommend it to everyone! x

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My fantastic experience (on the five day lessons package) started the day before I left-the brilliant Penny sent me a message to see if I needed a Lagos-Sagres transfer (which I did, but at that stage I hadn't really thought past arriving in Faro), so she helpfully suggested the train I should catch, and organised a pick up. Similarly on my departure Linda was there to manage my transport too!
The team of Penny, Linda and Rick (along with the resident instructors) made for a friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and put everyone at ease. Of course, the almost daily baking and delicious breakfast helped.
I arrived tired and a little apprehensive of what lay ahead at the beach, but once we got going all was forgotten (cheers to Sarah, Sam and Justin for your patience and enthusiasm) and by the end of the week of lessons and sunshine I felt fantastic, and am already thinking about my next trip.
The teams enthusiasm for surfing, meeting new people and good music was great, and seemed to attract travelers with similar attitudes from all parts of the world. As a group of friends or (in my case a solo traveler) I really recommend it. A big thanks to everyone!

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I had an amazing time at this hostel! instantly felt at home, breakfast was the best i have had at a hostel and home made cookies were a nice touch. The beds were very comfortable, the staff were friendly and the atmosphere allowed for a great stay.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends