All reviews home away from home friendly vibe good vibes felt like home a wonderful stay stayed longer laid back cam stella beaches algarve continent hosts supermarket
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I haved stayed in this hostel every summer for a few years - it is awesome! Great atmosphere, lovely hostel and amazing food! The staff were great, especially when we got a puncture in our rental car, they phoned the mechanic for us and helped get it sorted. I will be back next year :)

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Easily one of the best hostels in Portugal with super friendly staff who are willing to help out with advice and of course the surfing opportunities. We didn't do surfing but from what I saw it was a well run and fun experience. The best breakfast I have ever had a hostel and the ability to make a sandwich etc for lunch was a great thing. Lockers available and safe place in general.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a really brilliant hostel for those wanting to visit the rugged, windswept and surfy southwestern corner of Portugal. Really welcoming, very lovely and friendly staff running a tight ship, big breakfasts every morning and loads of baked goods! Whether you're planning to surf or not, the atmosphere at this hostel will truly add to your trip. Thanks for a very memorable stay!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at Algarve Surf Hostel for 10 days in June and had a great time. I was travelling alone and was made to feel really welcome by Peggy, Rick and Linda who run the hostel. From the moment I arrived they could not do enough to help. The atmosphere in the hostel was very friendly, and I quickly got to know other guests through various events organised by the hosts, including dinner cooked in the hostel, meals out at local restaurants and live music nights a bar in Sagres.

The rooms in the hostel were very comfortable and spacious, and did not feel overcrowded (despite staying in a 6 bed dorm). The living room was relaxing and had Playstation and DVDs to watch after a hard days surfing. The kitchen was well equipped and the outside space was a lovely place to sit and eat. The hosts provided great breakfasts and an opportunity to make sandwiches for a packed lunch in the morning.

I had surf lessons every day (possibly too much - I was shattered!) and the quality of the lessons was excellent. I went from being a beginner to riding green waves by the end of the holiday. The instructors were very encouraging and really good at explaining technique. Lessons were well structured with different groups based on ability, focused warm ups and stretching, and specific exercises to improve technique. The staff at the beach hut were also very friendly and Amado beach is lovely.

I loved staying at the surf camp so much that I came back for two extra days with my boyfriend. I'd recommend both the hostel and the surf lessons to anyone. I will be back as soon as I can get more time off work! I can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. Staff were very friendly and welcoming. Lots of great beaches, restaurants and bars are nearby. Group meals were delicious and excellent value for money. Would certainly recommend staying here!