“Amazing! Don't want to gooooo!”

Algarve Surf Hostel - Sagres
Ranked #1 of 19 Specialty Lodging in Sagres
Lymington, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing! Don't want to gooooo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I had never surfed before i got here, and the instructors were amazing! So patient and passionate about surfing and always looking to help you better your surfing whatever level you are at. The camp was incredible, freshly made cake every morning, bbqs, everyone getting involved and very social. What made it for me though was the people. The staff are so friendly, all really young and just all lovely. All the visitors at the camp were all nice and really friendly. All in all made some good friends here. I've been here 2 weeks and I don't want to go home! My brother hasn't left yet and already booked to come back. I'm also planning on returning at the end of summer. :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vicky H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

It was my first camp, not really sure to expect once there. I found a very tidy and friendly managed place. They even called me in the morning to check what time I was getting in in case I needed a lift or if they could offer any help. Apart from learning on how to surf the experience is really great, there is general feeling of relax around the house and it really helps detaching and giving you a good holiday experience. The staff is friendly, instructors are well prepared and always keen on lending a helping hand. In short i told many friends how good it it and comes a chance I may go back there in September.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Davide M
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Nestled behind a delapidated hotel you will find the relaxed, cosy and super friendly Algarve surf hostel. Making you feel at home from the moment you arrive, the hostel, complete with barbeque area, living room with wide screen TV, newly renovated kitchen, has everything you need whether you plan to relax on the gorgeous local beaches or arise up at the crack of dawn in search of the perfect wave. The team were amazingly friendly and helpful and provided everything from surf advice to freshly baked cookies after a day at the beach. I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

I spent four nights and three days with the Algarve Surf School in Sagres. I am new to surfing and felt very comfortable, and even experienced some success! The atmosphere was really friendly and inclusive, a great place to spend a few days trying something new.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2012

Amazing week on this surf camp. Great courses and really good atmosphere in the hostel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

I was only supposed to stay for a week but loved this place so much I stayed for two and would've stayed longer if I could've. The staff are really chilled and super friendly. Food is gorgeous and instructors really patient and knowledgable. If you really want to learn to surf or improve your technique this us the place. All instructors are brilliant. I got super fit and my technique improved so much. Even now I remember little things Ale taught me. I'm also way more confident in the water. I wouldn't hesitate to send everyone I know here. It's super awesome :)

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank CherylGunn
madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2012

I´ve been there travelling alone last summer at it was the best surf week in years!. Good place, good prices, good people and very intenses surf classes ;). I met people all over the world and in spite of travel alone, i felt like home ;). I recomend Algarve Surf Hostel in Sagres for sure and i´ll comeback this summer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo