We travelled to Sagres out of season, so the resort was VERY quiet (we hardly saw any other guests). Not all of the facilities were fully open, but everything we used (the restaurant, the cafe, the indoor pool, the spa) was faultless. Our accomodation (a Garden House) was beautifully equipped, cosy (thanks to under floor heating) and very private. The location is very beautiful, especially the sea views (although bits of the resort are a little artificial and manicured to my tastes).
I also wanted to highlight the warmth and competence of every staff member we interacted with. Other posters have remarked on their relative inexperience but we saw no evidence of this (admittedly we prefer a more personal service to the slightly remote 5* service I know some people are more comfortable with). Our toddler was overwhelmed with every staff member chatting to and playing with him, and it meant my partner and I could really relax. When we struggled to get the hot water to run in our house someone was with us to sort it in under 5 minutes (especially impressive given our location at the far side of the resort.)
We had misgivings about travelling to this sort of resort, having been more used to independent travel pre-kids, but will certainly be back. I can't imagine a more relaxing option for holidays with under 5s. Martinhal does exactly what it says on the tin, but exceptionally well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel