We stayed in Luxury Villa 26, having been upgraded from Villa 2 due to a problem with a bathroom the week before we got there. Villa 26 was absolutely amazing. Upside down living to take full advantage of the spectacular views of the ocean. The villa was immaculate, the pool beautifully warm. We took full advantage of the kids club - and were extremely impressed with the level of care provided to our children. We ate twice in As Dunas and enjoyed several drinks in The M Bar. I think some of the reviews of the in house restaurants miss the point. As Dunas isn't cheap, but where in Sagres can you find a play park attached to the restaurant, or tables of art supplies and games and a supervisor for the kids whilst you have lunch?! I would happily pay extra for that! And actually, we thought the cataplana special was exceptionally good value - 3 courses and unlimited sparkling wine! We also had the seafood special and that was really, really good. The spa was superb. i had a two hour massage and facial, and it was bliss. Overall, I struggle to fault Martinhal. It is beautiful, sparklingly clean, excellently well thought out, the staff are lovely, and we'll be back without doubt next year.
Tips: the intermarche in Sagres sells everything you need, but the shop in Martinhal has very useful supplies like marmite, Ella's kitchen, etc.
A Grelha in Sagres is a great spot for lunch, and a complete bargain.
Ignore the hire car companies who try and make you drop the car back at their warehouses - just take them back to the airport!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, TravelUp, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel