My husband and I had always avoided 'resort' type of holidays, but with two young children, we decided to give it a go, as previous 'independent trips' hadn't been at all relaxing. I had a very long list of criteria to satisfy; we all had our own room i.e. 3 rooms, self catering facilities but with all of the advantages of a hotel (maid service, restaurants etc. etc.), 2 hour flight (limit with small children), beach and pools to name just a few. This resort met them all. It was the best family holiday that we'd had to that point. Absolutely everything had been thought of - in our 3 bed house, they had dimmer switches over the cot, tupperware in the kitchen to take food to the beach...little things that make time away from home with small children that bit easier. The service was good and the food was excellent. We'd booked a partial sea view house but 'partial' was a little generous as you could barely see the sea...but it was great to be able to relax in the evenings once the little ones had gone to bed. Whist our holiday (flight and house) was good value....the cost of food when you're there was steep as was the mini market on site, but to a point this is to be expected I suppose. I would definitely use the supermarket in Sagres to stock up if we were to go again. I have recommended this to friends, who have since been and they have also had a great time. I wouldn't recommend to a couple mind you...definitely targets those with young children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HRS and Hotel.de so you can book your Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel