This was our second holiday at the Martinhal and it lived up to our very happy memories of our first. I had been concerned seeing the somewhat negative reviews but happily can report that this may have been down to ridiculously fastidious clientele with unrealistic expectations - glad I didn't come into contact with any of their kind during our time!
We used all the facilities in the resort, including the new beach club, spa, restaurants, crèche, water-sports, evening entertainment for kids, yoga and Pilates on the beach and fitness classes. The service was impeccable, friendly and incredibly helpful regardless of whichever staff member you came into contact with from reception, to restaurants, housekeeping and maintenance to leisure and beach staff. As other reviewers have said, they really have thought of everything with regards making this an amazing family holiday - from childcare in the restaurants so you can have a relatively uninterrupted meal, playgrounds and pools complete with a range of toys, and the amazing poolside cocktails, spa and activity programme which sits very comfortably alongside quality childcare and makes it feel like you are (almost and temporarily) on one of those pre-baby holidays!
We surf so had a car and would really recommend that any visitors do so as the beaches in the surrounding area are vast, beautiful and wonderfully uncrowded (Amado, Figueira and Arrifana were huge favourites). Don't stick purely to the resort and spend your money in the surrounding area which is highly dependent on tourism especially given the current dire state of the economy in Portugal.
We stayed in an ocean house with a beautiful sea view and have wide balconies on which to sunbathe and watch the (clear shooting-starred) night skies. I did not think the quality of the house, whilst still excellent, felt as high spec as the year before and perhaps some refurbishments were needed, but all in all an amazing family holiday at a fantastic resort. Delighted that we recommended the resort to friends who went later in the month and are returning next year - and whilst I never thought I'd become a return visitor for a third time, it will take some serious competition to win me over!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel