We stayed with our 9 year old in a garden 2 bed villa which was very well appointed and clean with good beds. We were amazed how poor the outside paint and how many broken outside tiles there were given the age of the place. The place is definitely geared to younger children. There were a few our sons age but under 5s everywhere-fabulous for those families. The facilities clearly expect more little ones with the abundance of play areas but only one room set up for older ones which wasn,t restricted so we often had to wait for young kids to come off.
I was concerned there were no apparent restrictions on the Internet, w stayed with our son but there were other kids on their own on the Internet.
Staff were probably the most friendly we have met anywhere but the service was haphazard. We had two trays of drinks spilt all over us and an unopened bottle of wine dropped on my husbands shoulder.
The main restaurant needs to sort it's menu out-too limited. Italian restaurant vey good and great atmosphere. The daily specials provided the variety. The fish restaurant was good but the food got cold too quick as it is such a windy spot-some awnings would be good. Why can't one of the restaurants have a cut off time of say 7pm when under 5s are excluded so adults with older kids can have a more enjoyable experience?
Overall, a remarkably peaceful holiday with your own garden to sit in. Our son enjoyed sports coaching and dipping in and out of kids club. We were happy letting wander round the resort on his own, it certainly feels safe and all within 5 mins walk from the house.
Not sure it needs an adult pool but again perhaps enforce the club 98 pool to over 8s and adults?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Martinhal Beach Resort & Hotel is the finest luxury family resort in Europe. Positioned within a protected natural park near the historic fishing port of Sagres, on Portugal’s unspoiled western Algarve coast, Martinhal is where luxury meets Nature. Martinhal welcomes families and couples, and the greeting is warm, open and generous. Guests feel at home. And it’s memorable. This is where life-long friendships will blossom, and where lasting impressions will be made. Stylish, contemporary architecture complements the organic personality of the resort, which has been shaped to blend effortlessly into the indigenous landscape. This is function and form at its best. This is sustainability. And Martinhal is more. For conferences, weddings and celebrations, Europe’s finest luxury resort sets the scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Martinhal Sagres Beach Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Martinhal Beach Hotel Sagres
- Martinhal Beach Resort And Hotel