I had a great vacation while staying at this hotel. I would rate this hotel a 3.5 rather than just a 3 if possible.
Great staff who were very friendly and accommodating. My boyfriend and I were disappointed the first day to learn that we were in the 2nd building of the resort, which is located a 10 minute walk away from the main pool and restaurant. We were disappointed as we were traveling with a large group and wanted to be in on the main action with them. Luckily the hotel staff were accommodating and able to move us to the main building the next day.
The rooms themselves were my least favorite part of the hotel. The furniture is kind of dated and not very "luxurious". The king sized bed is actually 2 twins pushed together and they come apart easily. Also the beds in both of our rooms were dreadfully hard. Very hard and uncomfortable to sleep on. Also having the two twin beds made it VERY noisy the next day when maid service started. I could hear them pushing around the beds in the rooms all morning. Very distracting and annoying.
The pool in the hotel was great. It's saltwater but very nice. Great lounge furniture and they provide beach towels every day which was a plus. There is also an outdoor bar/restaurant next to the pool that is convenient to pop in for an afternoon snack or a drink.
The restaurant was nice, great views of the beach across the way. I enjoyed our breakfast every morning. It was delicious and we always managed to get a good view. We also showed up right when breakfast was ending and they left it open for stragglers to get some good food.
The lounge upstairs was also nice. Very modern feeling. Good sushi and drinks.
Overall this was a nice hotel and I would stay here again. I wish they would get new beds and update the rooms, but overall a very pleasant experience!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Tivoli Marina Portimão is a 4 star resort with a privileged location next to Portimão Marina and Praia da Rocha in the Algarve, Portugal. This hotel is perfect for spending a holiday with friends or family and is right next to shops, restaurants and entertainment. Water sports, golf and activities for children are just some of the options available. It offers ample studios and apartments divided among three buildings, the Marina Sun, Marina Deck and Marina Beach which are walking distance from all the hotel's services, including the 3 pools (one for children) and the restaurants and bars inside the resort. If you prefer, we also have our Tivoli Buggy available which will take you on a fun and comfortable ride to anywhere in the resort or to Praia da Rocha. If you feel the Tivoli Marina Portimão has the perfect scenario for a special event, wedding or banquet, our team will be pleased to prepare a room to your taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Tivoli Marina Portimao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tivoli Marina Portimao Portimão
- Tivoli Marina Portimao Hotel Portimão
- Tivoli Arade
- Tivoli Marina Portimao Algarve, Portugal