“Best Karting in the Algarve”

Autodromo Internacional do Algarve
Ranked #7 of 83 things to do in Portimao
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Normally I go to Almancil when I am in the Algarve which is 6 times this year. If you want to go karting then this is the place. I stay at Vilamoura which is about 50 km away. Every time I go to the Algarve now I will be visiting this place to go Go Karting. It's amazing. It is a place built by people who had more money than sense as it is a track miles from anywhere that will never make any money. The person who built it made a go kart track that is amazing. It had just rained when we visited and don't let that put you off as it makes the track so much more fun and you need a lot of skill to drive. Everything is way above standard. The only thing you have to avoid is lunch hour as they close down between 1 and 2. I would never expect this place to be here and urge you to visit it as you will be missing something special if you don't. I did the half hour and it was not enough. I could have done an hour. It was 35 Euros for the half hour. There website is crap for information. I turned up, but please email before as the track was booked the next day to some wealthy punter who wanted the whole thing to himself.

9  Thank technologycentre
"car motorbike"
"elevation changes"
"uk and europe"

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We have attended the Classic Festival since the start, 4 years ago. This is a fabulous Circuit, but so poorly managed!. The disaster starts with their website, no useable links or details. We came for first practice on Friday, no food on sale. The only catering outlet in the Paddock, charge 15 Euro's to enter. We left the Circuit to visit the Go-Cart track to eat and drink, their cafe was full of, yes you guessed...

The Commentary was the worse we have ever heard, constantly drowned out by car noise, yes this is a race circuit...The racing was superb, but NO PROGRAMMES!, Why????Who was who???. Really must do better, we visit tracks throughout the UK and Europe. It could be one the best, but the organisers have to get the basics right!.

1  Thank WirralMx5
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were there for World Superbikes
No PA speakers along bends 1 - 3.
No big screen TV
No helpfull english comments re fastest lap etc
We have been for 5 years but this is the last time
The whole place seem to be apathetic and complacent.

5  Thank Brian W
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This track is out in the middle of nowhere. But what a fabulous facility. We visited on 28 September 2012. There was no racing on but Audi had rented the track for a private session and we managed a sneak look at them testing racing cars, R8 and TTs. This is a Formula 1 track in the making and we also saw some superbikes testing in the morning. The highlight of our day was the Kart track. We rented 9 karts and has a race session on the track next door to the main Autodromo. The kart track is the best I have ever been on anywhere. Very professionally run and a bargain. A 15 minute session is €20 each. The photographer takes pictures throughout your session and at the end you can buy a CD with all the pictures - maybe 60 pics for a bargain price of €15. A great cafe / bar for apres race discussion. If you are in the Algarve and want a great outing with a difference, this is a must visit. Brilliant

1  Thank SouthsiderGlasgow