This is a great hotel , we have been there 3 or 4 times now , quiet location , facilities great , jus a couple of things, golf round should never and I mean never take well over 5 hours . This happened every day so we ended up walking off a couple of times . This needs attention otherwise they will lose a lot of clients
Only other negative was the bar area , need seriously updating , I understand clientele are not all youngsters but it is like an old people's home so does nothing for atmosphere pre and post dinner.
Please it's 2013 not 1971
Otherwise it's a great hotel , good value and great service and staff . Not sure we will return as snail like golf is really irritating
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set within a magnificent 360 acre estate of never ending gardens, unforgettable sounds and aromas of nature, the resort features 188 rooms and suites. Discover the renowned local beaches, enjoy complimentary transportation to the hotels beach concessionary with beach bar and a selection of water sports or simply relax by the Olympic size swimming pool. Other leisure options include 6 tennis courts, a football pitch, fitness room, running trail, sauna and beauty treatments, children’s club, 18-hole Sir Henry Cotton Championship Golf Course, 9-hole Academy course and 9-hole Resort course. A selection of 5 restaurants caters for all tastes and occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Penina Hotel & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Penina Golf And Resort
- Le Meridien Penina Golf Hotel
- Le Meridien Penina Hotel
- Le Meridien Penina Resort
- Le Meridien Portimao
- Portimão Le Meridien
- Penina Hotel & Golf Resort Portimao, Algarve, Portugal