“"Day Trips"”

Ranked #88 of 532 Restaurants in Portimao
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Incredible place, incredible setting, shame about the staff (Day Staff) visited here 4 days during our stay and on each day the staff and customer service got worse!!!!! Some people working there actually walked around the pool all day and had the amazing knack of not making eye contact, although we went a few days in succession no one recognized us from one day to the next...... Great place but the staff need serious training in customer service and realise that they are there to assist customers not avoid. The place was due to open at 10.00am, never opened until 10.15 and I purchased a bottle of water while waiting for them to open and this awful service guy stopped me drinking the water when I got in as I did not buy it there!!!!!!
please remember that this is about the day staff!!!!, they need to learn from the nigh staff - night experience completely different!!!!

1  Thank Anne P

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We wen't here on our last night for cocktails - making the mistake of thinking it wasn't a restaurant. The cocktails were out of this world and on flicking through the menu found that they did do food.

We were gutted to not have eaten here! The breakfast's looked lovely (and healthy choices too) whilst the main course served around us looked amazing. I can't comment on the actual taste of the food but I would definitely recommend checking it out...at least for the beautiful setting and drinks!

Fairly cheap prices too, which was surprising as it looked like an expensive place to go.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I love this place. I went on holiday alone so its not always easy.
This place meant I could eat, drink, sunbathe and swim and feel safe and happy. I went 3 times in a week. Lovely time thank you.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We spotted this place when wandering around Portimao one afternoon and it looked fabulous the pool & bar where chilled and seemed to have a great atmosphere. We saw it had a restaurant so decided to book and try it one night, we where very excited.

Well we need not have booked as it was very quiet for such a large place (although it was end of May so could have been considered low season). We where sat on a table which overlooked the beach which was lovely, the only issue with the table was that the large wooden type of chairs did not fit under the table. I am quite small but even with sitting on the edge of the chair some of my dinner ended up in my lap due to the distance I still was from my plate!

I had a mojito cocktail which was small, overpriced and not very nice would have been a better idea to stick with wine for dinner. We ordered garlic bread for starter which was ok but did look like something you would buy from a cheap snack bar on the beach for lunch (cut open small baguette with cheese on served in a basket). The mains where tasty my partner had the steak which was served as a huge piece of meat with just a small potato wrapped in foil - which when he opened was cold. He managed to finish the meat but did comment for days after that such a wedge of meat played havoc with his stomach and trying to digest it!

Overall we were disappointed with the place as it is a gorgeous setting and it was more expensive than better places we had been. (I was very disappointed with the cocktail!) Others seemed to enjoy the fish options but I would not visit here again for the restaurant.

I could see that perhaps in high season this would be a very different place, and i think the summer parties would be full of the rich and flash. I would like to have experienced the day setting but I wouldn't waste money on the cocktails or evening food.

1  Thank vmoore11
Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

The pool at our hotel had no atmosphere so we spent 3 days here

You do not have to pay an entrance fee just a 5 euro minimum spend

Has a great atmosphere and a really trendy vibe