“still tasty after all these years”

Restaurante Marisqueira Carvi
Ranked #107 of 488 Restaurants in Portimao
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
croydon
“still tasty after all these years”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

MARISQUEIRA CARVI, PORTIMAO

Have been coming here for 7-8 years. The seafood is still tasty after all these years and super fresh in this restaurant, which is 200-300 metres from town centre to the North and 200-300 metres from the riverfront to the West. Even if you do not like fresh fish, shellfish or other seafood, they have meat alternatives. An assortment of grilled fish or fresh shellfish are an excellent one course filling lunch. If you can manage 3 courses - enjoy.

It is not obvious from Tripadvisor website, but the correct address is Rua Direita 34a, Portimao, 8500-625 PORTUGAL, not Rua Direita 34a, PORTUGAL. There ismore than one Rua Direita in PORTUGAL!!

• Visited January 2012
3 Thank jim_s69

Portimao, Portugal
“A Family Favorite”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have been coming to Carvi for many, many years. Staff always greets us warmly. Start with shrimp or clams, then go on to one of the daily specials. Prices are reasonable, clientele very typical and local.

3 Thank Zilana
Velp, The Netherlands
“Wouldn't want to have missed eating here”
Reviewed November 18, 2011

As someone allready said, this is where the locals go. The ambiance is maybe not what we are used to in the Netherlands, but hey, we're in Portugal now and here it's the quality of food that matters. I would go back to eat fish any time.

3 Thank stefke39
somerset
“Very welcoming”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Great Food and very helpful staff and service. Great with young Children!

• Visited August 2011
5 Thank bootsy25
Denton
“I LOVE this place!”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This summer was my second time to Portugal, and I made sure to revisit my favorite marisqueira! I came here the first time by recommendation of a friend, who's a native Portuguese. I've never had a bad experience here. The staff is friendly and attentive, but the biggest plus is the food! I normally order any fish grilled whole unless it's a filet. I've had dourado, robalo, corvina, linguado and a few others. (golden bream, sea bass, croaker and sole). I recall having octopus once here too -- polvo. Even when I came during the off season in winter when the main chefs are normally out of town, the food still always amazed me. Considering the quality of the meal and the very budget-friendly price, I know I can always come here for a good meal. DEFINITELY recommend this restaurant!

• Visited July 2011