Perfect relaxing holiday, we stayed in hotel Carlos which was clean, and the bathroom and bedroom was of a good size. Views from room were breathtaking! There isn't much to do on this resort and the evening was very quiet almost too quiet! Needs some entertainment! 2 nights a week there is an outdoor cinema, subtitles were in Portuguese but the actual film was in English but it was more or less on mute so didn't satisfy all the audience which we thought was unfair. No bad points about the food, it was fresh and the service was brilliant. The house white wine was superb! We also ate in the tapas bar but only had a snack here, service there was also great and food good. Pool area was clean and tidy, the added touch of pineapple that was brought round was a lovely touch. There is a bar next to the pool area, there is a young lad that works there and we found him to be so polite and friendly! He works his butt off! I think if we were to come back again, we would most defo hire a car! I would like to mention the bad experience we had at the start of this holiday too, no idea who's fault it would be but it's worth a mention. We got dropped off by our bus transfer at the entrance of the spa ( we didn't know this at the time) it was pitch black and it was half 12 at night, the doors were locked to this building so we had no idea how to get in! We wondered round the resort carrying 2 heavy suitcases, up steps etc with no indication where to go! There was nobody around to ask or anything, no signs! After traipsing round for the best part of 45 minutes we came across another couple having the same problem! We all managed to find the reception in the end. But it was a disappointing start really. All in all a great holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the top of Algarve!Resembling a white village perfectly nestled among the Monchique Hills, Villa Termal features an outstanding Thermal spa using the only thermal waters in the south of Portugal . An indoor warm rich mineral water pool and exquisit facial and body treatments and massages by La Phyto are a welcoming card.The elegant and charming rooms distributed through 5 unique lodging complexes, are furnished with 18th- and 19th-century pieces.Guests of Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Spa Resort can enjoy some great tapas and a glass of local wine at the stone-walled bar " O Tasco". The 1692 Restaurant offers a grill menu and Portuguese cuisine with traditional delicacies from the Monchique region, including special meat dishes.The outdoor swimming pool is surrounded by green garden and padded loungers. Besides relaxing in the sauna or steam bath, guests can enjoy walking and mountain biking tours in Serra de Monchique National Park. Other Nature related activities are available including canoeing, Climbing, Paintball, mountain bike downhill just 10 min away.Perfect for a relaxing getaway or an alternative holidays, the Villa termal das caldas de Monchique is 20 min away from the main stream locations, 25 min from the The best Algarvian beaches on the Atlantic, 40 min from the best wild Alentejo coast and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Villa Termal das Caldas de Monchique Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Spa And Resort
- Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Hotel Monchique