Having visited Caldas de Monchique previously I decided Id like to invite my man to share this piece of paradise with me when he flew out from UK. Leaving the greyness behind he arrived not knowing what I had planned for our 5 days together.
Id spotted a special offer of 2 days B&B, one evening meal (with wine included if desired), and two spa treatments each and two full days use of the spa facilities and outdoor pool where we enjoyed the seclusion of a private area. The cost a mere 188 euros.
The hotel room was known as Charming - and it was. Regally decorated with full bathroom en-suite, shuttered windows and a view across the courtyard, which because it was out of season was quiet in the evening. The room was furnished clasically. Aircon was installed and a bar fridge available.
The hotel itself boasted a beautiful quiet sitting room which was a wweclome cool space.
The staff were friendly and helpful, as where the restaurant staff. The food was delicious. The five course meal included in the offer would have cost us 57 euros. Breakfast was ample. Cereals, fruit, cheese n meat, toast and eggs to order. Bought seperately that would have cost us 8 euros each.
What I really appreciated was the gluten free cereal and bread they supplied at no prior notice.
The treatments were good value for money. We both enjoyed a vigorous massage which was like no other ive experienced. We particularly appreciated being massaged in the same room together. Lovely and intimate experience.
One thing to note is that it is compulsory to wwear a swimming cap in the pool as it is in all pools in Portugal and Spain apparently.
Another noteable point is that in the offer the massages were only 20 mins and so we extended to 50 mins. there was an additional cost of 25 each for this. Well worth it tho.
What makes it extra special for me is the setting. An old style cobbled village with nooks and crannies, pathways and best of all the natural features. And of course, you must have a drink from the Font de amora for eternal health and loving heart.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the top of Algarve!Resembling a white village perfectly nestled among the Monchique Hills, Villa Termal features an outstanding Thermal spa using the only thermal waters in the south of Portugal . An indoor warm rich mineral water pool and exquisit facial and body treatments and massages by La Phyto are a welcoming card.The elegant and charming rooms distributed through 5 unique lodging complexes, are furnished with 18th- and 19th-century pieces.Guests of Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Spa Resort can enjoy some great tapas and a glass of local wine at the stone-walled bar " O Tasco". The 1692 Restaurant offers a grill menu and Portuguese cuisine with traditional delicacies from the Monchique region, including special meat dishes.The outdoor swimming pool is surrounded by green garden and padded loungers. Besides relaxing in the sauna or steam bath, guests can enjoy walking and mountain biking tours in Serra de Monchique National Park. Other Nature related activities are available including canoeing, Climbing, Paintball, mountain bike downhill just 10 min away.Perfect for a relaxing getaway or an alternative holidays, the Villa termal das caldas de Monchique is 20 min away from the main stream locations, 25 min from the The best Algarvian beaches on the Atlantic, 40 min from the best wild Alentejo coast and Beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Villa Termal das Caldas de Monchique Spa & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Spa And Resort
- Villa Termal Das Caldas De Monchique Hotel Monchique