“Stunning !!!”
Review of Lagos

Sponsored by:
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Brisbane, Australia
78 helpful votes
“Stunning !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2008

If in the south of Portugal, a boat trip around the coastline off Lagos is a must. This natural coastline beauty is a must see and for a small cost of approx 10 euros per person (we paid $8 in the offseason) you can get a small boat ride which will take you through some of the caves and further down around the amazing coastline. I think we were on the water for approx and hour and we all felt it was great value! Lagos is a laid back, friendly place with great little shopping streets and some good restaurants. We recommend Lemongrass Thai Restuarant !

2 Thank LeapinLiz
lanarkshire
9 helpful votes
“Heaven on Earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2007

Went to Lagos which was my first time in Portugal and we were not disapointed,what a lovely place where the people are so freindly and the place itself is spotless,we seen very little litter (if any) and the harbour area is a place where you could go to at night and have a choice ot resturants to pick from,it really was a fantastic holiday which we also found to be very reasonable.

2 Thank samccbrown
Ireland
51 helpful votes
“Lagos - really nice relaxing break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2007

Spent a week there in August and had a really nice time. Thankfully it has not destroyed itself by building high rise buildings. It still retains much of its portuguese charm although it does obvoiusly rely on tourists. Standard of service is excellent, some really fine places to eat and some lovely beaches.

1 Thank Anthony06
Crowborough, United Kingdom
65 helpful votes
“Super Town BUT Take Care in the Evenings!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2007

My family and I have just returned from a villa holiday in Praia de Luz.
Though we really liked Luz we tended to go into the more upmarket, busier town of Lagos (approx 5-10mins away) as both my son & his friend (18yrs old) liked to go into the bars there.
We had visited Luz on several occasions both through the day & evening.
On our first visit in the evening we were surprised to see a big police presence and felt reassured that our son & his friend would feel safe in and around the very busy bars etc-unfortunately this was not the case!
On a later visit, after leaving my son & his friend to do their 'own thing' we received a call on our mobile at 9.30pm saying that they had been attacked!(in a busy square, frequented by local families dancing & enjoying the music).
On locating my son & friend we found them with the police giving statements after being 'patched up' in a nearby restaurant. Apparently whilst in a shop they noticed that they were being watched by two Portuguese boys/men (20ish), on leaving the shop they were then attacked. My son's friend was kicked and fell to the ground where he was punched, as my son tried to help his friend the other attacker came from behind and hit my son in the face.
My son ended up with a 1'' cut above the eye (bleeding profusely)
and his eye was so swollen he couldn't open it! his friend had a very badly swollen eye & cheekbone and we later discovered badly bruised back (from the kicks).
After speaking to the police who said we could report it at the police station if we wished, didn't give much hope that it would do any good..........they did say that they are aware of a group of individuals who do this regularly!
Now we realised the need for the police presence - in fact they have a special branch (apparently they don't take any messing!) brought in through the summer months to deal with such problems.
So if you are going to be visiting Lagos and have young people with you please be aware, I would not like other families to go through this very unpleasant experience.
However, we carried on with our wonderful holiday vowing not to let this spoil things............

7 Thank Carol58
Derby, United Kingdom
36 helpful votes
“My favorite holiday destination”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2007

Been going to Lagos for six years
Stayed at the Tivoli Lagos Hotel
Excellent in every way, room, restaraunt, reception staff, bar service staff, everywhere spotlesly clean.
Highly recommend two eateries in Lagos, the restaraunt above the fish market and Baros's on the front right of the fish market.
This year instead of transfering from the airport by taxi (last year the taxi for the return journey never turned up) booked a private hire vehicle with [--]
excellent friendly service by Alan Sutton in a fab air conditioned vehicle. There where four of us and all the luggage for a cost of only 150 euros return.

4 Thank HonestjohnDerbyshire

Been to Lagos? Share your experiences!