“The best meal I had in Portugal”
Review of Tasca da Lota

Tasca da Lota
Ranked #115 of 466 Restaurants in Lagos
Reviewed November 18, 2018

The swordfish I had and the Tuna my Mrs had was freshly cooked whilst we waited.Served with salad , bread and potatoes, 25 Euros was the best value well cooked meal we had in the week we traveled the Algarve.

1  Thank Les N

Reviewed November 17, 2018

The food is really, really good, I never tire of going here. Our family group of 10 including children, had both meat and fish dishes. I had the fresh tuna which was the size of my plate, and the taste was amazing! Those who had the meat dishes were equally as happy. It's a very busy restaurant, no frills, but delivers great food, and if it's fish - as their slogan says - from the sea to your plate.

Date of visit: June 2018
Thank Kathy & Francis... D
Reviewed November 13, 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend this restaurant for sea food.
The portions are huge and each of the plates had amazing flavours.
Cooked prawns
Tuna Steak
Mackerel

Reviewed November 5, 2018

If you arrive in Lagos by train, you are likely to pass the Tasca da Lote as you head to the centre on foot. If not, it is in the fishermen's zone over the river - past the yachting marina. This location does not prevent it being highly popular. Great fish and seafood, at reasonable prices. We enjoyed fried prawns with garlic and grilled tuna belly. My mouth is watering just remembering it.

Reviewed October 26, 2018 via mobile

Set away from the main streets with all the restaurants we found this simple little grill. Lots of locals which is always a good sign. Nice plain, no fuss food. Perfect for us. No credit cards so take cash. Fast service, friendly staff and delicious food.

Date of visit: October 2018