“Good food and good value”
Review of Casinha do Petisco

Casinha do Petisco
Ranked #19 of 419 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2014

The desk clerk at our hotel suggested this restaurant on a quiet side street. We were tired and hungry after walking all over town. The restaurant opened fairly early and we able to be seated after only a short wait. The place was packed, but the service was very good. The portions were huge. Had a pasta with mushroom dish that could have fed 3 people - yum! Good wine too!

1  Thank Barbara F

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

Definatly worth visiting. Food is amazing complements to the chef. If you go there taste the clams they are really fresh and taste amazing with their sauce and also the chefs special Prawns seriously yummy :-) and the sauce is even yummier I could seriously drink it. Instead I have to have table manners and use the bread to dip lol we went there several times. Wish I could have the prawn sauce reciepe:-) again amazing. !!!!!!!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We eat here twice on the recommendation of the chap in the local wine shop. We avoided the wait for a table by making a reservation which are taken for tables up to 7 o'clock. Tables are close together in a small room. There was a great atmosphere which was added to by the very jovial chef working away at the back of the room. Food was super and portions were huge.service was excellent and very friendly. Really great value for money with starters mains bottle of nice wine and water and coffees for two coming in under 50euro. The house prawn dish special served with saute potatoes and egg fried rice was great. Pork and prawns with potato was an unusual portugese dish and the portion would have served two people. My favourite was Golden bream served with potatoes, carrots and salad. The fish was so fresh and perfectly cooked. If I revisit Lagos, I will definitely eat here again.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Altought our food was very good and really in big portions the 1.5 hours we spent waiting for a table
somehow diminish the whole experience.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have visited this restaurant twice before, this is the first time I have reviewed it. I had a cover,soup and squid. All of which were excellent. The portions were very generous and very promptly served, too promptly ! The reason for this was obvious, I was a single customer without a reservation and they "squeezed" me in. I had the soup served before finishing the cover and the main before finishing the soup. I would have preferred to be told they were fully booked. I told a member of staff when I paid the bill I was a "local" not a holiday maker, she then apologised ! Usually the front of house staff cover the cook, this time the chef is covering the lack of consideration given by front of house. The food is truly excellent and very fairly priced. The moral of the story is visit, enjoy, make a RESERVATION!

1  Thank philip g