“Excellent choice”

Ranked #19 of 419 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

This small, straightforward restaurant is exactly what we were looking for at lunch time. We even showed up just before closing and they accommodated us. Excellent food, fast and friendly service and tremendous value.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We returned last evening after discovering this little bit of culinary heaven last year. My husband had the house shrimp which are served alone, no veg. The rose cream sauce is to die for. I had ordered the grilled salmon only to be told they didn't have any available. So I decided on the daily special for Thursdays - house style chicken. At a price of 7.95 Euros I expected the chicken and maybe some rice or chips. To my surprise there were chips, a large salad and approx. two cups of nicely done rice plus the chicken which came in a tasty gravy with onions and carrots. I counted 10 pieces of chicken thighs. Too much food but I will never complain about getting more for your money than expected. Obviously no room for dessert.

The restaurant closes for most of the month of March but if you arrive in April or later, you have to try it. You won't be sorry.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Petisco's was a complete revelation. We were lucky enough to get a table immediately. Hugely enjoyable tastes (house prawns & strogonoff), huge portions, huge queue outside when we left. A long walk was required to recover!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our first visit to Lagos....this restaurant was recommended to us by another restaurant! The "house shrimp" starter OMG! Just get one and share. Our server told me and my wife to just get one main...and was he right. Huge and yummy! We went back two days later...and the next day for lunch. You MUST go! The best in Lagos..And the desserts..awesome and like 2 €

1  Thank tom d
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had another excellent meal last week. It has now become our favour restaurant in Lagos. This time it was the beef stroganoff which was superb. Helpings are large so it is a mistake to have a starter unless you have a large appetite. With only twenty two places you must book.(tel 282 084 285) Last week it was full by 7:30pm and pretty well every restaurant we passed going there was empty. Prices are reasonable allow 20 euros ahead, including housewine which is ok.