Google
Recommended experiences in and around Lagos
from $44.03
More Info
All reviews homemade guacamole highlight of our trip picnic dinner hiking tour great group amazing hike favorite part fitness levels delicious picnic scared of heights great guide small group comfort zone unique experience knowledgeable guide crashing waves breathtaking views
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Do it if you love hiking and want to see some awesome views. Also worth the price. Just don't pay any attention to the made-up stories

Date of experience: June 2019
TJEyes, Owner at The West Coast Adventure Co., responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Yes, indeed, we do make up stories: All stories are made up. Stories are not facts in themselves, but a human invention for better capturing, communicating, and organizing facts, information and ideas. They are always made up.

On our tour, we make up stories in order to deepen our encounter with the world around us, and to make the information and ideas that we explore stick better on the brain.

Trev and I are continually evolving as humans, and try (in fact, cannot help but) to channel our new perspectives into our tour experience. Sometimes on tour, we play around with new ideas, improvise new ways of communicating, make up new stories. Sometimes, we fail or fall short or mess up or confuse our words or ideas, and the story doesn't work, or falls flat, or just is no good. Like this, we continually hone and (hope to) improve our craft.

I'm glad you liked the tour overall, but sorry that our stories failed to connect that day.

To a life worth telling in stories,

-- T.J.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Such an incredible adventure it is hard to put into words! This is one of the most authentic experiences of Portugal you could possible have and the picnic under the stars at the end is amazing. We used the word "magical" a lot throughout the day and felt at times like we'd entered another world. The hike is not too easy and not too difficult, suitable for any fitness level (especially since you always have the excuse of stopping to look at the scenery, which is breathtakingly beautiful). Five stars isn't enough for this very unique tour! Thank you so much TJ!!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We very much enjoyed our tour with TJ. Coming from Colorado, the hike was easy-to-moderate for me, which is a nice change of pace when I am always in the worst shape among my friends in Colorado. The experience was unique and I learned a lot. Dinner and wine was also very tasty. I was fine in Chacos but I also spend a lot of time in Chacos.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed December 5, 2019

I'll start by saying this review is about 5 months late but maybe that will make it more meaningful. Five friends and I were in Lagos and decided that we would give this tour a try, having no idea what to expect. This was probably the best decision of the trip. We have not stopped talking and laughing about our experiences on this tour, from the moment it ended until now and i'm sure it will continue into the future.

I can't say enough about TJ, he really made the day perfect for us. He felt out our group, knew we had different comfort levels and tailored the tour to make it enjoyable for all of us. He was able to put up with inside jokes and have fun with us but also able to find perfect moments for thought provoking conversation.

I highly recommend this tour to anyone, I know that they adapt the tour to your needs and provide you with a unique experience that you wont forget. Thank you TJ for the amazing time!

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed October 30, 2019

I booked the Classic Adventure, the end of the world hike, thinking it would probably be the highlight of my trip to Portugal. It actually exceeded my expectations! Such a great time, a great adventure, beautiful scenery. TJ was an excellent host and guide, knowledgable, considerate and helpful.

Date of experience: October 2019