I am quite torn on this hotel after staying for several nights in July. The contributing factors to my internal conflict are as follows:
- There were major issues with my initial room, but the staff were responsive (they found a new room for me in the middle of the night and had a professional arrive the next morning to fix the problem). The staff went out of their way to help ensure that the rest of my stay was positive, but it was a really bad beginning.
- The location is extremely convenient to the bus station, the downtown, and the beaches, but also can be loud at night on the lower floors.
- The morning breakfast includes freshly squeezed orange juice, which was a nice touch.
- The rooms are quite dated and elevator doesn't work.
It's not the Ritz, but if you're looking for a place to just sleep, then it's probably ok. They're going to need to invest in an update soon though, and some simple changes (e.g.. using white sheets, towels, and shower curtains rather than a random mix) would dramatically improve the overall feel. I wish I hadn't had the bad experience on the first night, because otherwise it would have been a fine place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new management, but we still try our best to serve our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Residencial Solar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.