We stayed at Canavial Apartments for a weeks holiday at the end of June and as our first trip to Portugal, couldnt have been happier with our choice. The apartments are a 15 minute walk from the centre of Lagos, but the walk is pleasant and there is a well stocked shop, and restaurant and bars nearer. Taxi's to and from the centre of Lagos seemed to be a fixed rate of 4 Euros and easy to get. The beach which is only a 5 minute walk down hill has a cafe/restaurant on the left and an excellent restaurant further up on the right where we had dinner a couple of nights as service and food was so good, and who wouldnt want to stare out to sea while eating! It was very hot, 30 degrees plus while we were there so the unheated pool wasnt a problem, cold for the first second, then lovely! The poolside was never overcrowded and although often other people around it wasnt noisy. Perfect to relax! Rooms are clean and have all you would expect, we had a really large balcony which you could see the sea on the horizon (perfect for a glass of shop brought wine while getting ready for the evening). I would recommend the rooms on the second floor as the outside space for rooms downstairs was overlooked by anyone around the pool. I would really recommend here if you dont mind a short walk into the centre and are looking to relax and plan your days as you wish. Theres no bar / reception / restaurant so you are left to get on with your holiday - just what we wanted. Only one pillow per bed and lack of toilet roll - hardly a big problem. You have to carry your own bags up a flight of stairs if you have a room on second floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The complex is formed by two small blocks of studios situated in a quiet area, close to the sea. Canavial I & II Apartments offers guests two swimming pools for adults and a sun terrace. Sun loungers and parasols are available at no extra charge. There is free wireless Internet access and free parking and a large terrace next to the gardens. Hotel location description The small studio complex is situated in a prime location 600 m away from Porto de Mos beach and close to the other beaches, such as Dona Ana beach (1.5 km) and the famous Ponta da Piedade (2 km). The picturesque historic centre of Lagos (2.5 km) can be easily reached by public transport (bus stop 300 m away), and is around 80 km to Faro Airport. Room description The “Studios 2 Adults” may comprise twin beds or a double bed, a cot or a camp bed (suitable for children aged 1-12) and private bathroom, hairdryer, a kitchenette, fridge, individually regulated air conditioning and safety box (extra charge). There are garden views from the balcony or terrace.”Studios 3 Adults” has capacity for 3 adults. All studios have Internet access, a bath or shower, a 2-ring cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, tea/coffee maker, satellite and local TV. Comments from hotel The reception is open 9 am to 7 pm. Guests arriving outside these times should please advise the establishment of their estimated arrival time by calling (351) 919259132. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Canavial I & II Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canavial Apartments Lagos
- Canavial Apartments Hotel Lagos