Having been to Lagos before and thought it was a wonderful town we decided to go back and stayed for a week at the Canavial appartments in October. Firstly the negative points, the room was fine but the pillows and the quilt cover thing that was on the bed did smell a bit funny and the cover had cigarette burns in it, the sheets were perfectly laundered however.We noticed that someone put theirs out to air during the day so we were not alone in our observation. The kitchen was adequate but had an old style kettle which you had to boil on the hob, you get used to it but an electric kettle would have been better.The toilet and sink were spotless unfortunately the bath area was poor with mould in the tile grout and the shower cutain was torn and had mould on it.The sealant around the bath and in general was poorly applied and made it look even worse. For the sake of about 20 euros and a couple of hours work the bathroom would have been perfect. The garden was nice but the pool although crystal clear had lots of tiles missing, i'm sure that will be remedied during their shut down. The place itself is a good 20 mins walk from the town which was OK for the first few days but got to be a pain walking with heavy groceries in the heat and back from the restaurants at night, get a cab 4-5 euros and well worth it.
The closest beach is a 10 min walk but the road is steep so your calf muscles will ache on the way back up.Good points, if you want quiet peaceful surrounding its ideal, the people who own and work there are really friendly and there is some stunning scenery and fabulous beaches if you walk along the cliffs. Would we reccomend you stay there, Absolutely,if you're after cheap basic clean accomodation and don't mind walking it's a must or hire a car. If the people who own Canavial read this i hope my comments have not offended you they are not intended to. You have a lovely place but the small things can make all the difference to people who stay with you. Obrigado.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel description The complex is formed by two small blocks of studios situated in a quiet area, close to the sea. Canavial I & II Apartments offers guests two swimming pools for adults and a sun terrace. Sun loungers and parasols are available at no extra charge. There is free wireless Internet access and free parking and a large terrace next to the gardens. Hotel location description The small studio complex is situated in a prime location 600 m away from Porto de Mos beach and close to the other beaches, such as Dona Ana beach (1.5 km) and the famous Ponta da Piedade (2 km). The picturesque historic centre of Lagos (2.5 km) can be easily reached by public transport (bus stop 300 m away), and is around 80 km to Faro Airport. Room description The “Studios 2 Adults” may comprise twin beds or a double bed, a cot or a camp bed (suitable for children aged 1-12) and private bathroom, hairdryer, a kitchenette, fridge, individually regulated air conditioning and safety box (extra charge). There are garden views from the balcony or terrace.”Studios 3 Adults” has capacity for 3 adults. All studios have Internet access, a bath or shower, a 2-ring cooker, microwave, kettle, toaster, tea/coffee maker, satellite and local TV. Comments from hotel The reception is open 9 am to 7 pm. Guests arriving outside these times should please advise the establishment of their estimated arrival time by calling (351) 919259132. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Canavial I & II Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canavial Apartments Lagos
- Canavial Apartments Hotel Lagos