“Excellent Apartments” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 51 Hotels in Lagos
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Apartments”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Spotlessly clean apartments with friendly staff and management. Every thing is to hand with beautiful beaches in close proximity and a twenty minute walk into town where there are great restaraunts and bars. A really good place to stay for couples or families using the apartments as a base to visit the Algarve and surrounding areas, water parks and marine life at the zoo marine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I am currently staying here, but I couldn't wait to get home to write a review, on arrival I was greater by two lovely gentleman, and being a female with a young child they made me feel welcome and safe, they took time to show me around and to make sure everything was good for me, as I was informed when I booked I should pay up on arrival, they didn't even ask, so after I settled in my room I went to find them to pay. They gave me the code for the free wi-fi. Later that evening I want out for a walk to meet my friend who was staying in a nearby hotel, the manager drove past me, then stopped to make sure I was ok and knew where I was going, which I thought was very kind. My 1st night was great, and you have a control to get the room to the right temperature, I've been here 3 days up to yet and I'm having a fantastic stay, my room is cleaned everyday with fresh towels and new toilet roll, I will deffinately be staying here again, made to feel safe and welcome and that for me being a young female with a young infant is very important, very nice staff

• Stayed October 2012
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have had 3 holidays here and all have been very pleasant and enjoyable. It is quiet. It is about 25 minutes road walk into Lagos where there plenty of good restaurants at reasonable prices and others that are a little nearer: we like a walk after our meal and this is about the right distance back. There is a 1.5 hour cliff top walk (take water) into Luz where you can get meals before returning. You can also go the long way into Lagos along the coast footpath (About 1 hour). Porta de Mos which is 8 minutes walk - has an excellent beach. There is a small supermarket about 15 minutes walk and big ones, 5 mins drive away. The rooms have all you basically need, a3rd bed can be added. many cook their own evening meals. The rooms are kept very clean. Outside sun loungers and pool allow you to relax on site. Owner is very pleasant and helpful. Wifi Access. Some bikes available. We like it very much.

Room Tip: Ask the owner for a room to suite you. There are rooms overlooking the pool and some around the corn...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here 5 nights last week.. Lovely apartments, excellent value for money and very friendly owner and staff. Half hour stroll into town and taxi back less than 5 euros. cannot fault it and would certainly stay again. Garden is beautiful. Quiet location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank LancashirePusscat
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We had a wonderful, wonderful stay at Canavial apartments. We caught a taxi from the main bus station to the apartments. The apartments are about a 7 minute walk from the beach (with a nice restaurant on the beach; San Antonio's). The apartments were peaceful, the rooms were cleaned daily, there were no problems with the shower or water, and the environment is overall peaceful. However, the most special part about the Canavial apartments is the owner, Joao. Joao is a very nice and hospitable person. He invited us into his home to watch the last 5 minutes of the Portugal Eurocup game; he gave us his own bicicycles to ride into town (15 minutes by bicycle); and he was our taxi driver to the bus station when we realized that our bus was leaving in 15 minutes. We will definitely visit and stay with Joao again in the future!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights, and loved it! We had room 9 in canavial 1. The room was spacious, light and had a well fitted kitchenette and nice bathroom. The balcony had ocean vieuws, a table and chairs and a parasol. Good double size bed. The building is a villa with a nice garden with flowers and fruittrees. The pool is great and wel kept. No chemicals/chlorine. We felt like we had our own private villa. Location close to the beach, but not to the (not so great) city centre. Private parking spaces. Friendly owner. Daily maintanence of the room. Great place to relax and explore Lagos! Recommended!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Dbroe
Novato, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We went to Lagos in May of 2012, used to traveling and staying in youth hostals. We found a great deal with the Canavial Apartments. We loved our stay there. The complex is family run, has a great pool, nice rooms, and it comes with a kitchen. We had maid service every day. She even cleaned our dirty dishes and pots. The Canavial apartments were perfect for us because we had our private rooms but then immediate access to the pool and lawn area. We got to meet people, we all talked and ate our meals outside around the pool area which I thought was nice. We didn't go to the bars and restaurants down town, but had a great time making food and drinks and staying around the pool most nights.
Ohh and the pictures on this website are accurate. That is exactly what it looks like ! Really a beautiful spot.

(+)
-The rooms are very clean
-The beds are comfortable
-Comes with kitchen (we bought food at a small market and made all our meals there to save money)
-Cheap ! there were 3 of us per/room. and when we divided the total bill it was as cheap and in some cases cheaper than many youth hostals we had stayed in
-We had a blow dryer and iron/ironing board
-The pool is great ! beautiful grass and lounge chairs to relax in
-The staff was very friendly and genuinely wanted us to have a great vacation
-15 minute walk to Ponta de Piedade (with the amazing rock formations) and beautiful beaches. great if you don't have a car but want to go see the beaches
-5 min walk to amazing views of the Atlantic
-only a 5 minute cab into town

(-)
-Internet does not work that great. We found a few spots outside where you could get reliable wifi. But you're in Lagos, you don't need to use the internet that much.
-We didn't have hot water for a few hours one day. But the owner personally came around to each apartment to let us know and told us it would be fixed soon, which it was.
-It was hard for us to find the reception desk or staff member when we first arrived

I would 100% recommend this to anyone who is studying abroad, a family, and for anyone who wants to spend time at the beaches! If you want to be by the restaurants, and down town area this might not be for you. However, it is only a 5 minute cab away. and there is free parking for guests of the Canavial if you have a car !

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends