“Awesome service and awesome view”
Review of Marina Bar

Marina Bar
Ranked #67 of 478 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Irish, International, Fast Food, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sports bar with excellent pub grup and beautiful views of the Marina De Lagos
Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

Amazing staff who are the friendliest people. The cocktails were delicious. And the chips were a very generous portion! Tucked away in the nicest place. Go go go. It's well worth a visit :)

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited on 24th August just coming up to 7pm - place was quiet - I asked barman for 2 drinks and said I expected to avail of "happy hour". He arrived several minutes later and informed that I was too late. The till receipt as in photo showed the time as 24 seconds past seven.
This was the meanest I have come across in all my years visiting Lagos. What's worse is that the owner comes from the same part of Ireland as me - needless to say we will not be returning.

3  Thank Aodan99
derry04, Owner at Marina Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2016

Our happy hour starts at 5pm, so you had two hours to visit my bar before you rocked in at 7 o clock demanding "happy hour" prices. I can gaurantee you that the two euros extra you paid "outside" of "happy hour" was thrown into the tip jar. Next time try and sit down and order your drinks like everyone else besides having a pop at the barman about "happy hour" when it is over. You might be surprised to find out that you would have been given the "happy hour" price without asking. As regards you not coming back, good for you. I am sure you will turn up at the other establishments that do "happy hour" a little earlier to make sure you are not caught for two euros again.

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

We've had a few lunches here and the food is decent although maybe not outstanding. Due to its location, it is also more expensive than other similar food places in Lagos town.
Otherwise, the staff were very friendly and the service was always good.

Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

Went here for breakfast this morning. (3 adults, 4 kids). Service was excellent and the food was equally as good. The place is spotlessly clean.Three of us had the full Irish breakfast. Food was very fresh, very generous portions, very tasty. The kids had lovely smoothies, made fresh to order
No complaints by any of us. We will definitely be returning before our holiday ends.

derry04, Owner at Marina Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2016

Great, thank you.

Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

We went there around 11:30am and only a few other people were there, and it took 30-40 minutes to be served a mixed salad and a mushroom omelette. The service was very very slow. The food was good, nothing special but still nice. The British waitress was also a bit rude which didn't make a great impression since it was the first place we were having lunch at in Lagos.. It seems like the British tourists were the center of attention, but not so much for other nationalities

1  Thank chloemarine
derry04, Owner at Marina Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2016

Sorry your meal took so long. Duly noted. Please try us again as we have a pretty good reputation for fast efficient service and our staff are usually friendly. Maybe just a bad moment I hope but none the less thank you for your review.