“Hooks you for repeat visits”
Review of Extreme Algarve

Extreme Algarve
More attraction details
Owner description: Extreme Algarve is Lagos' premier Surf school and Kitesurf school offering surf lessons and kitesurf lessons to anyone who would like to book with us whilst staying in Lagos and the Algarve. We also offer accommodation at Casa Offshore. Please email, sms or whatsapp to arrange pick up times.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We wanted to surf at the beginning of the year and we decided on Algarvean town of Lagos and this surf school as the connection from Faro is easy and the weather is great all year round. Although we came at the beginning of February (around 16 degrees), full body wetsuits kept us warm in the sea.
We were the first clients of the year and so we had the boss himself, Sebastian, all to ourselves!!! Now all the coaches we have seen so far elsewhere don't come anywhere near this guy. He knows a great deal about surfing and is an excellent teacher. He does not force you to do the "pop" when standing up on the board and instead offers helpful alternatives based on your personal abilities and fitness.
Thanks to their surfari approach, you are always at the spot where the waves are. Also, Sebastian took photos of our surfing progress, so that is a very nice bonus.
The school offers other outdoor adventures throughout Algarve, you can stay in their "casa" and they are also interested in making a positive impact on the whole area with their association.
Thank you Sebastian!

Sebastian W, Owner at Extreme Algarve, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Radek and Barbra, what a pleasure having you guys.
Glad you loved the lessons and glad you chose the Algarve and us of course :)

Hey and now you know that the chat at surf school can be interesting and instructive beyond just surfing ;)

See you guys soonX

in 6 reviews
"waves"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a look at many surf camps across europe and ended up booking here. Extremely happy with the decision, great value for money, great accomodation, great location - close to town and 2 beautiful beaches and the weather was pleasent even at the end of September.

Surf lessons were perfect, one session in morning and one in the afternoon. Great, knowledgable instructors providing great tips and techniques.

Beautiful beach house with everthing you could ask for.

Truly was a magical surfing holiday.

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I'd like to express my greetings to all Extreme Algarve team! I had a chance to take a look at other surf courses at local beaches, and I liked much the way EA guys instructed us. I'm very grateful to them for informal and friendly atmosphere, as I do believe it had rather much more impact on my surf progress then classic 'academy' surf course would.
Marsel, Lee, Mark... Thank you very much, bros. I've got the 'surf-bug' with your help, and I'll be definitely back again.

Hi Val

Thanks for the kind words amigo!!
Super stoked you ha a good time with us!!!

Keep on surfing and remember to Tak Tak Boom wherever you are!!!!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I spent a couple of weeks surfing with Extreme Algarve and staying in their surf lodge: Casa Offshore. The lodge's facilities were excellent, the place was kept extremely clean, the staff were very helpful and obliging. I travelled alone but soon made many friends with my fellow surfers. There is a great atmosphere in the lodge, they host a weekly barbecue which is unmissable and everyone soon forms one big group. I found the instructors to be particularly helpful and with their help I made great progress over the two weeks which I stayed. All in all I had an absolute blast and this was one of the best holidays I've had in years.

1  Thank Garret F