“Great ride and excellent way to see the sights of Lagos”

The Mountain Bike Adventure
Ranked #13 of 71 Tours in Lagos
More attraction details
Owner description: Please note the location is a meeting point only. You need to book the tours in advance by email or telephone. Guided mountain bike tours on hand crafted trails we have been building since 2005. We have rides to suit all levels and very high quality bikes. You will be guided in small groups by qualified bike guides to get the best from you time with us.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Jim took me on some world class single tracks with some tricky descents. Would recommend this trip to any keen MTB person

1  Thank DesNangle
There are newer reviews for The Mountain Bike Adventure

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have ridden with Jim and his team over the last 2 years and have really enjoyed it. I have ridden, XC, uplift days and this year did a skills day also. Its good to do things I normally don't do like uplift and skills training. The weather and scenery are fabulous and the terrain is mixed keeping you on your toes. The rides are set to skill level with good guidance, safety consideration and organisation. I have done this solo and found Jim and his team, passionate about riding, great company and met some fun fellow riders. Personally I take a few days out from my family holiday but am considering going back for a longer purely riding focussed trip. I take and ride my own bike, but the rental bikes are of good standard and well maintained. To me this is really good value for money, just get out and ride places you would never find with no hassle and lunch as well. Highly recommended! Just do it!

1  Thank Justin C
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Jim runs a great guiding outfit. He is very friendly, supportive and safety-minded. That said, he took us on some really rough and fun trails. The rental bikes were well equipped and maintained. He has routes for all levels of riders. He was very careful about pointing out tough spots on a first run down a trail and then took us back up for a second run where we could hit everything with speed and flow. If you love mountain biking and find yourself in Lagos, don't hesitate to book - it is well worth it.

1  Thank Ridermel
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My son and I just spent a great day with the guys at The Mountain Bike Adventure. The equipment supplied was great - brand new full sus enduro style bikes. The trail was fantastic with great views, a good mix of climbs and drops. Jim was a fantastic guide. He's obviously a great rider but took it easy with novices like me. With a coffee break at Praia De Luz and lunch at Burgau, it was a lovely day. I can't rate it highly enough. Would definitely recommend and will be doing it again..

3  Thank Declan M
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I wanted to do the Monchique mountain tour, but this wasn't available on my preferred day so settled for the XC ride from Lagos. Our guide Ralph fixed us up with well fitting bikes, helmets and in my case SPDs instead of flat pedals. Ralph clearly knows his way around and set a pace to suit us veterans, as we headed off West, initially through the town and then along he coastal cliff top path. I was grateful for Ralph's local knowledge as it otherwise would have been easy to wander onto dangerous overhangs n the high cliff tops. We descended, via technical single track, into Praia da Luz for drinks, before carrying onto lunch at Bergau (?). The route back was pretty much the same as the route out, with a few steep but short climbs and the highlight being a very fast descent into Lagos. Great company, well organised professional outfit with well-maintained bikes. Thanks very much Jim and especially Ralph

1  Thank Ian C