“Really Good!”

O Camilo
Ranked #38 of 413 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: It is situated right by Camilo beach in Lagos.
New York, USA
“Really Good!”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We loved everything about the place, location and the fresh seafood. They even give you blankets when sitting outside at night and the breeze picks up.

Visited July 2013

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
“Our favourite restaurant in the algarve”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

O Camillo is one of the best places we have being in the algarve. Fresh fish great wine and fantastic views over lagos bay. Service and staff are 1st class.

• Visited November 2013
Paso Robles, California
“Beautiful views, excellent service, and delicious food”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

First off the views from this restaurant are AMAZING. It is so quiet and exclusive -- no one on the beach. Absolutely one of the most romantic locations in Lagos I have EVER seen. We first took pictures near the railing a little walk away from the restaurant to remember the views! (the taxi fare there was a bit expensive because it is far from the city center and up on the hill -- but SO worth the trip!)

Then we took a seat outside the restaurant to really enjoy the sounds of the water and the views of the moon. They provide blankets to all the outdoor guests which I thought was so adorable (and needed).

The service was excellent. Our order was taken and our food brought by someone else. The table was cleared by another member of staff. And lastly the drinks were brought out by someone else. This should be enough to understand the service is excellent.

I am mainly enjoy vegetarian food but eat chicken so I found the menu a bit difficult to order from. For appetizers I ordered bread and olives which was ok -- nothing special. My friend ordered oysters which he LOVED. They gave the cutest lemon squeezer/dispenser which I was truly impressed by. He loved the oysters so much he ordered more later!

The chicken was a very large portion and tasted very fresh. A bit mild and bland for my liking but I'm also very picky. The peppercorn sauce and the steak tasted REALLY good (I took a bite). I think stole some peppercorn sauce to pair with my chicken and really enjoyed that.

We didn't order dessert but the menu did look delicious. Instead we ordered drink smoothies which you can't go wrong with. With the meal I ordered a strawberry margarita and I can not explain how AMAZING the taste was. The strawberries were clearly fresh and probably the sweetest best tasting strawberries out there! I will never forget that taste.

Overall if you want to go to a romantic, exclusive, private area with good food for meat eaters and fish lovers then this is the place to go!

• Visited October 2013
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
“View is wow! Food v good. Service excellent”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is a unique restsurant for Lagos. For a start its current, modern as most of the places in Lagos are old school, touristy or basic fish places. This is a welcome change. V cool architecture, view is AMAZING! It's true!
We had the fillet with clams, so I understand that it's called fillet as it changes depending on what fillet they have. It was seasoned really well and the clams were lovely but the white fish itself was only 'ok' considering fish in Lagos is normally fab. Expectation is high here in the algarve. The fish soup was great. Sides were good too: potatoes and veg. Salad was nice but as always in Portugal it's always just salad with fresh produce, chopped lettuce, tomatoe , cucumber with zero dressing or imagination. Always puzzles me about this hot country where nice salads would be welcome.
Service was excellent; which believe me is rare in touristy Portugal; all of the staff seemed to speak English, out waiter was very informed and super helpful.
Food came out promptly which again is unusual for Portugal where a quick lunch can take up to 2 and a half hours of youre midday.
All in all definatly my new favourite Lagos restaurant. Ill be back! Soon...

• Visited November 2013
surrey
“Great calamari and Cataplana!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Lovely spot overlooking the sea. Food was lovely and the restaurant was busy, I'd definitely recommend booking a table. Thoroughly enjoyed the meal and couldn't really fault it!