“A lovely quiet spot overlooking the marina”
Review of Arribale

Arribale
Ranked #29 of 421 Restaurants in Lagos
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was a fantastic find - so much so we returned for a second visit.

We bagged one of the best seats, sat outside with a view down to the marina. Its important to focus your views out towards the sea as you are sat on a little back alley but that's easy to do so do not worry. The owner is fantastic, happy to recommend. The garlic carrots as part of the couvert were the best we had in Lagos.

I had both the meat balls and the squid as starters (different meals). The owner is proud of the meatballs and they didn't disappoint. My stone bass of a main was cooked over coals in the entrance to the restaurant. Its a nice touch to be able to see the food being cooked in front of you.

The caprese salad was fresh and the piri piri chicken was tasty enough for my wife to have it both times. Each main comes with rice or potatoes and a salad.

I'm a big fan of a key-lime pie and whilst it was a surprise to see it on the menu, it was lovely and tart.

A fantastic place, lovely simple food in a great location.

2  Thank brownbearLeeds

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Booked an inside table for early July and after eating inside at another restaurant 2 days earlier I was worried that it would be really hot inside. However the stone interior had kept the inside nice and cool and the surroundings were really lovely - think quaint, funky nautical. My own opinion is that eating inside is nicer than eating outside on the very narrow alley at the small plastic tables. Food is mainly cooked on bbq. There was a slight mix up with the starers which were delayed and we were given a plate of calamari to nibble on while we waited - a nice touch. I had steak which was very good and my partner had mixed grill which included black pork which was so tasty that i would have it as my main course next time. Puds were fab but I would recommend 1 each unless you are very full. They are ideal size for 1 but we shared 2 between 4 and they were so nice that we all wanted more. House red and white was the best house wine of the holiday and a free port at the end was a nice touch. Not a typical "authentic" Portugese dining experience that tourists seem to seek and are often ripped off or disappointed, but the best and most relaxing meal of our holiday. Quality food, friendly service.

1  Thank beedley
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Accidentally fell in to this place. Tucked away on a small side street - outside dining in along the edge of the pathway looking over the marina but there's sitting in side the quaint restaurant too.
All food (fish, meat etc) is grilled on the open fire. Had great fish (stone fish) and very friendly service.

1  Thank JoM39
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely little place, picturesque setting in an alley way. We sat next to the chefs dog Billie Jean who was gorgeous and the chef came out and chatted to us about her! He said very endearingly he wouldn't sell her for a million euros!

The owner is so lovely and friendly and his son as well who is a waiter. They brought us a free stater because there was a bit of a wait on the food which was a nice touch. The food itself was simple and tasty, nothing special but well cooked and flavoursome.

The atmosphere was lovely and the staff could not have been more friendly and accomodating. We paid about 40 euros for 2 of us which is pretty standard for lagos prices.

Oh one more thing my mum had the pear Charlotte and raved about it so give that one a go if you're in the mood for pudding.

Overall lovely place and great staff, go expecting simple fare!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

First night in Lagos. Easy to find spot right next to the car park. Started with a burning sausage appetizer. Really good. My wife had meatballs, they were to die for. I had their grilled pork dish. Tasty but a little over cooked. Operated by a really nice British guy. He took our order. His son served us. Both were quite entertaining. Small place so I would recommend reservations.