“"Lovely friendly and comfortable"”

O Artista Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #84 of 420 Restaurants in Lagos
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Your local home from home...the most entertaining bar in Lagos, "O Artista" - "The Artist" - is creative in all that it offers. Famous for its awesome atmosphere, excellent entertainment and fabulous food.
Reviewed January 9, 2014

There was always a warm welcome when you went in and nothing was to much trouble the food we had was served beautifully. There was lots to choose from on the menu.
While we were there, there was a man on a guitar and singing songs from the 60's/70's and he got everyone entertained he was really good.

1  Thank 276ChristineB

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Very nice meal good service and nice ambuiance really nice food was a saxs on while we there was quite a few people in saying it was the sunday before xmas

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had a meal last Friday 20th September 2013 they served me 8 mussels for 14 euros I should have guessed when the owner asked if I wanted chips with the meal. They were served bland no sauce and after the meal when I commented to the owner about my disappointment he said they're NZ mussels hence the small portion and price! Is it me why do they have them on the menu?
The meal cost us 47 euros in total and was shocking I do hope the owner responds to my comments as I would like him to justify our poor experience

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Always a warm welcome always awaits. Happy Hour is a main feature from 5.00pm. Food is always very good.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This restaurant (a bit more than a bar that sells food) has a decent menu and although predictable, the food is well cooked and presented. It is a good step up from the 'chips with everything' approach which is normal on the Algarve and you can find main courses of steaks served with tagliatelli and Gorgonzola sauce and even a delicious liver, bacon and onions with mashed potatoes. The business is essentially a sports bar but there are restarant tables away from the main bar and screens. Service can be patchy at peak times but it all comes together eventually. Portugal is still a heavy smoking area but this bar is all non-smoking, with a smoking sister bar next door for those who need it.

Drinks are cheap, food is a bit expensive compared to other places close by, but not by enough to warn most people off. Definitely worth a visit.