“A Delightful Place for an Evening Meal” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of O Charco

O Charco
Ranked #322 of 386 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chatham, United Kingdom
“A Delightful Place for an Evening Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

I have visited this restaurant on two separate trips to Lagos and have found it most delightful on both occasions.
Sitting in the area external to the restaurant (or in the street if you prefer), there is a wonderful ambience to be enjoyed whilst dining and watching the world go by. The narrow streets with their white cobbled surface shine in the evening lights, and with the other restaurants having similar outside seating arrangements the whole area has a definite 'good holiday feeling' to it.
If you visit here for a meal, make sure to have a jug of sangria to complement it, it is also very good.
On our most recent trip, the four of us dined here, with each choosing a separate meal, (I had the Strognoff), and all of us enjoyed their respective dishes.
I thought the prices were about average for the restaurants competing in the main streets of Lagos, but certainly not expensive.
The waiters were friendly, able to discuss the dishes on the menu and advise if asked. Although dining in an October evening with the temperatures of the day falling, I was able to eat in my shirt sleeves due to the outdoor heaters provided in this area. We were entertained by a passing street entertainer playing some selected tunes on a Saxaphone which added to the overall atmosphere in my opinion.
Would definitely go back on my next visit.
Would recommend this venue to couples seeking a romantic evening out or even a group of friends looking to enjoy an evening meal.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Polish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Yes, it's a bit touristy, but it will be... It's in the main tourist street!
My wife and I were shopping in the fabulous town of Lagos and we needed some lunch.
Oh! Where to go... there are lots of places.
I'm soooo pleased we called here though, our waitress (a young, very attractive, dark haired lady, who's name I didn't get) was absolutely fantastic, we both had a very, very enjoyable and tasty tuna salad (yes, I know it's probably hard to get a tuna salad wrong), but nevertheless, it was well constructed, fresh, tasty and of ample measure.
A great little cafe right in the heart of town. Good coffee too. We'll be back.

Visited September 2013
Galway, Ireland
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Ate her on holiday before I read the bad reviews just as well maybe as we had no major complaints at all. Food was grand service too now it wasn't high end food but for what we paid for it I couldn't fault it, I had the monkfish in cream sauce which was delicious very very filling, my husband had stead which as he said wasn't the best he had in Lagos but certainly very acceptable. Glad we gave it a go.

• Visited September 2013
Manchester
“Great food at a great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just stumbled upon this restaurant. Simple food, delicious tasting and nicely presented. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. We liked it so much we went back.

• Visited August 2013
Hong kong
“Tourist trap, bad food for steep price”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is busy becuz of the location it was at, in lagos town and it opens in late afternoon as well. I guess that's why alot of tourist fall into this trap.

We ordered a pizza, a tropical salad, cataplana and piri piri chicken.
Here is how the food turns out
Pizza: it came half cooked we told thw waiter, 10mins later it comes back all soggy cuz they put it in microwave.
Tropical salad that cost over 10euros is fruit mixed together which suprisingly is not that bad.
Cataplana is okay for the price i think it could be better.

The piri piri chicken I couldn't finish, it was over marinade, the meat was all mushi. It's super disgusting.
The best thing about that place is the orange juice, it was really fresh and good. But cost 4 euro per glass!!

The waiter is not too bad after we complained about the pizza he took it off and didnt't charge us.

All in all just don't go to this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013