“Can't cook fish, chicken piri-piri served cold....”
Review of O Charco

O Charco
Ranked #348 of 420 Restaurants in Lagos
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Not impressed at all. The only good thing was the wine. The fish was overcooked and tasted awful. The sardine pâté was given to us in a packet, the bread was stale, and my piri-piri chicken had to be sent back because it was cold. Found the staff rude and they asked us to reuse cutlery for main course from starter. For the price I'd expect better.

2  Thank Whiterushan

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We both had piri piri chicken when we visited this restaurant and were quite underwhelmed. It was very mediocre and the chicken was very dry. There was lots of food e.g. Chips, salad and the chicken itself but the quality was pretty poor.

Personally I would never go here again. Especially when there is a much better restaurant just across the way (Restaurante Caravela) that does much better food!

The service was ok but pretty slow. I wouldn't recommend.

1  Thank Ciara19
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I can safely say, this is the worst mean I have ever eaten out in a restaurant and we would have been better off going to a local McDonalds or Pizza Hut for our dinner. We made the mistake of getting into Lagos quite late at night, when it was cold and windy and literally walked into the first restaurant that we came upon. As we were both starving, we just went straight to our main courses. I ordered chicken peri-peri, which as far as I was concerned, is supposed to be a chargrilled style chicken with peri-peri marinade, but what I received was basically a greasy chicken leg, covered in what looked like sweet chilli sauce. This was server with frozen chips which were actually white, due to the fact that they weren't even cooked. My husband ordered a steak with pepper sauce. The steak was about the same thickness as a children's burger that you would get in McDonald's and was covered in a grey, congealed pepper sauce...and again, the nice, white chips on the side. When I got up to go to the bathroom, I was greeted with the disgusting smell of urine, as if the bathrooms hadn't been cleaned that day. This is a horrendous restaurant but for some bizarre reason, was always quite busy whenever we walked past it after our experience there...I can only assume this is because of it's location, right on the main street, as people come onto the street. STAY AWAY!

2  Thank JBLYP
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Title says it all really - nice spot for lunch and drinks at a good price. We had a tuna salad, a lasagne, a beer and a wine for €21. Nice lunch in a sunny spot with the odd busker along.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Like most of the other reviews have stated, we were drawn in by a friendly waitress. It was pretty late and we were hungry, so we figured "Why not?" Big mistake.

This place is pretty gross. I had a salad, all of the fruits on the salad were from a can. I also had a fish soup, but definitely didn't ever taste any fish in it. The prices reflect the fact that this place is nothing but a tourist trap. If you want something better, try a restaurant off the main tourist road.

The waitress was really sweet though, they should give her raise for having to promote such awful food.

4  Thank Shannon S