“Tepid ,Tasteless ,Undercooked Pork Dangerous”
Review of O Charco

O Charco
Ranked #351 of 425 Restaurants in Lagos
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stopped at this restaurant as it seemed to be popular (usualy a good sign)
My husband ordered the spare ribs and me the prawns and mushroom spagetti waited quite a while for the food whilst waiting a girl who was seated behind me received her pasta and a few minutes later asked for the food to be taken away and reheated (alarm bells to me) they did this but it was a good 10 mins before getting it back.
We recieved our meal mine was a paltry amout of pasta with a horrible tinned tomato/veg /rubbery prawns & mushroom thin watery soup on top it did not look appealing nor did it taste good and was near cold.
My husband had crinkle frozen style chips yuk! witch had gone cold and tasted like they had been hanging around some time the spare ribs looked ok untill he bit into it was cooked on the outer but near raw toward the bone being pork that is very dangerous.
We called the waiter over and asked him to take the meal away as we were not willing to pay for it (he didnt seam to suprised) we paid for the drinks and headed off not happy .
I would not recomend this restaurant unless you want to risk getting ill and activating your travel insurance food should hot and cooked.

1  Thank RoobyRooUk

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Went here a couple of times in the early evening on a recent visit to Lagos. Good choice of food, well cooked and simply presented. Friendly and efficient staff, serving customers of all age groups and nationalities. Fairly basic restaurant located close to main square, but good value, nice food and well worth checking out.

Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

I ate here last night. My wife and I were hoping to eat at the nice little seafood place down the street, but it was closed. Therefore we thought we'd give this place a try. Main observations were:

1.) All food on the menu was fairly basic (nothing too interesting).
2.) I had Gazpacho for my starter - it was probably the worst I've had. Canned chopped tomatoes with a few bits of cucumber floating about. No flavour.
3.) I had Grilled Squid for my main - squid was burnt and pooly prepared. Still bits of bone/cartledge in several pieces.
4.) Staff were unattentive - asked twice for Sangria but it didn't arrive (the first time my wife asked, the waiter was very dismissive). On the 3rd attempt it did arrive and to be fair it was ok.

Overall - give this place a miss and spend your hard earned money somewhere else.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

My partner and I visited O Charco Whilst on holiday in Lagos. The setup was very inviting with patio heaters to make the breeze less of an issue and a busy feel to the place.
We both started with the vegetable soup, which looked a little odd but tasted fine. For the main course I had a pizza and my partner opted for the lasagne. My pizza, was edible but tasted processed and was cold by the time it reached the table. My main was a delight when compared to my partners Lasagne. It was tepid and stodgy and it tasted awful. The meat used certainly wasn't mined beef the way I know! My partner was unable to finish the dish.
Aside from the bad food, very slow service and sometimes rude staff the place was ok!

1  Thank Cookiecsr
Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here for a light dinner and couldn't have been more pleased. Piripiri was excellent as was the steak and chicken. Waiting staff were excellent and most helpful.

1  Thank UncleBuck_Scotland