“A really really good choice”

Belmar Spa & Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Lagos
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have a reputation for getting it wrong but my wife and I thought this apartment hotel is excellent. Very high room standards, modern, beautifully clean, well serviced by good, well trained professional firndly staff. The weather was very mixed during our four day stay so the wide choice of English satellite channels was an additional unexpected bonus. You need a car - we had one! Breakfast was part of our package and I rate the buffet highly. Good value for money, excellent location, great facilities for adults seeking an adult venue.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jezhall

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Modern, clean and comfortable apartment with lots of space for three. The aircon in our bedroom didn't work.The staff sent different technicians several times but were unable to find the problem. It took three days before they could finally fix it. Staff was helpful and service-minded, but they could have spared us trouble by just moving us to another apartment. There were several vacant apartments in this resort during our stay. The grounds of the resort is beautiful and well managed, the amenities (gym, pool, etc) are very satisfactory. The distance to the beach is a big plus.

Room Tip: No view from the apartment we had, which was at the back and located on the 1st floor. The wifi was...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TeresaOslo_Norway
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Fabulous stay with our older teenage boys and all enjoyed immensely. Excellent facilities, great staff, cleanliness of everything including the grounds was exceptional. Beautiful beach a stroll away, can't wait to return.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A return trip to the Belmar. Stayed in a one bed apartment for 9 days. Second trip was not disappointing. It was busier but still has a quiet laid back feel. Apartment very comfortable and well equipped. Staff friendly and helpful. Wifi set up has improved and mostly reliable. Location to the lovely beach is great. We often took the local bus into town in the evening or over to a couple of the other beaches. It's worth getting a time table from reception if you're not hiring a car. Only downside to the location is proximity to a supermarket if you're not driving. I think the area could really benefit from a local store. Would highly recommend for couples and families.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BitofaPrincess
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just back from my honeymoon stay at the belmar and wanted to say how fantastic this hotel is,both my wife and I absolutely loved the hotel and all it had to offer,the pools were beautiful and stunning when the sun drops behind the cliff tops at night,the indoor pool,sauna and jacuzzi are was great to chill out in after a hard day sunbathing!! The cleanliness of our room was of a very high standard and cleaned daily,also the kitchen was of a high standard and I should no as I am a chef so much so I made dinner twice using great local produce, which my wife loved! Also the beach across the road was fabulous and the restaurant campimar was one of the best food I have tasted anywhere,we enjoyed so much we went 3 nites out of our ten nite stay,we were self catering and only had snacks at the belmar which were great,all in all we loved the belmar where all the staff could not have done better for my wife and I,the only reason I could say that it should be five star would be with a courtesy bus but that is a minor issue as I loved the walk,so thank you to everyone at the belmar spa resort for making my honeymoon the best holiday I've ever had Yours sincerely mr and mrs McGill

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Mrandmrsmcgill
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed at Belmar Spa & Beach Resort for 3 nights in September. The hotel was wonderful, the staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived at the hotel 15 minutes after making our reservation online. Unfortunately the original hotel we had booked for our stay in Lagos could not find our reservation and after quickly consulting Trip Advisor, we booked the Belmar. The hotel is very large and the grounds were nicely manicured, the hotel very clean. Even though we had just booked online, the front desk staff found our reservation and showed us to our room. We were in one of the 2 bedroom ground floor apartments. The apartment was clean and very well-appointed. It had a great private terrace with a table and 6 chairs. The living room was equipped with a couch, chairs and a large TV was satellite channels, there was something for every language spoken. The living room also had a dining table that seated 6. The kitchen was huge with all necessary appliances for a longer stay and the ability to eat in. There were 2 bedrooms and 2 washrooms in our apartment. The hotel is a 5 minute walk down the road from the beach. I would definitely recommend staying at Belmar in Lagos, I miss it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just come back from a week's stay at the Belmar. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment in a separate block from the main hotel. The apartment was on the top floor and had a roof terrace. It was exceptionally well appointed with everything you are likely to need. The kitchen was big and had good quality appliances, including a dishwasher and washing machine. The lounge and bedrooms had air conditioning units. The complex had four good swimming pools and also an indoor one. Beach/pool towels were provided. Apartment was cleaned twice in our week. Reception staff were very helpful and accommodating. We had stayed in Lagos before and knew that car hire was necessary. It is about an hour from Faro airport using the toll motorway. We only ate once in the hotel, at lunchtime, but the menu was varied and relatively inexpensive. We enjoyed the nearby Porto do Mos beach and found both beach restaurants superb. The Belmar is possibly the best hotel/apartment we have ever stayed in and will certainly be going back again next year.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple