“Lovely food. Shame about the wait!!”
Review of A Floresta

A Floresta
Ranked #73 of 430 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Adjacent to the Hotel Tivoli Lagos
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This restaurant is just right at the bottom of the drive from the Tivoli Hotel.
Food is excellent as long as you don't mind the wait. We waited a hour for our food but it was well worth it. The owner is the the only waiter! My husband ordered the salmon and was really surprised when he got 2 salmon steaks and loads of veg and potatoes. I had pork with mushrooms
which was very nice. At the end of the meal we were given a complimentary glass of port which was delicious.
We could recommend this restaurant. Lovely food and quite cheap. But does need to moved into the 21st century.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is next to the Tivoli hotel. Not quite sure where the picture of the restaurant came from but it's not correct photo. Waiter and owner has a charm that warms you. Food is very good. Lacks music for background though, otherwise I would have scored it higher.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Every January for the last 10 years I visit Lagos with a bunch of golfing friends (all foodies). This is one of our 5 "must go to" places. This year I had the Chef's Prawns which were simply magnificent.
Alex is always very attentive and the food is always superbly cooked.
Not the place to go if you are in a hurry as Alex serves by himself and Rosy is the solitary chef so it can take a while.

Mike Sanders (Alsager, Cheshire)

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have visited several times over the years and always enjoy our meal and the atmosphere. It's a friendly place and you can tell that people return year after year. I had the pork with mushrooms and the meat was really tender and a good cut. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the steak. The portions are very good and it's also good value. We sometimes stop off there just for a quick drink early evening too.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had the Dorada ..again ..it was fabulous .i can't fault ths restaurant for food or service..however in the middle of August ,in the mid evening,it was empty..
It s a bit away from the main drag ,easy to find,but just needs freshened up etc.
We love it as we know we are getting quality food at a decent price with super personal service..
Try it ..