“nice food and good value”

Borsalino Italian Restaurant
Ranked #41 of 430 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

massive portion sizes, very good value and an overall enjoyable dining experience. was fairly quiet when we visited but put this down to our visit being early in he season. recommended

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

My mother and I had a wonderful meal here on our last night of our holiday in Lagos as it was close to our apartment. The service is second to none! The 2 waiters Julio and Hugo were so attentive and made us feel very special. The owner also came to see if we were enjoying our meal, which we were, as the food is nothing short of perfection. The BEST garlic pizza I have ever eaten and a mouthwatering risotto!! This place is a MUST if ur staying in or near Lagos!! I wish we had tried it earlier on our trip as we would have been back daily!

2  Thank WexfordBlondie
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We live very near this restaurant and have been eating here for lunch or dinner 3 to 4 times a week for the past two weeks or so. As someone said the warm goat cheese salad is awesome as well as the spaghetti bolognese, they even fixed a pizza special for me one night - delicious. As said Hugo is an amazing waiter and always friendly and accommodating.
Only down side: the first night we went the owner greeted us in Portuguese and I said sorry we can only speak English , he literally turned his back to us and summoned Hugo. He has snubbed us every time we have been there since. Yesterday we were the only two people in the restaurant, Hugo was in t he back attending to something so when the owner turned around towards us I said bom dia and he just walked out turning his head and acting like we didn't even exist.
We are immigrating here and trying to learn the language a little at a time. However we have only been here a few weeks. Looks like there are no language classes starting until July. We will probably go back because of the amazing food prepared by the chef (not the owner) and of course the ever so gracious Hugo and his girlfriend Mary Ann. The owner needs an attitude adjustment, but do go, even if you do not speak Portuguese. Just ignore the rude owner and deal with Hugo who by the way the owner is fortunate to employ.

3  Thank Bren A
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Easy to find though a little away from the main restaurant area. Very friendly service from Hugo, lovely food and wine (the complete couvert is yummy) and excellent value. All round great place

1  Thank MrsB010
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Have been to Borsalino many times over the past 5 years, and on this recent visit (May 2014) with friends, found a slightly "different" restaurant. Did not recognise any of the serving staff or management people, the menu was different, new colour scheme inside, etc.
Whilst I could not fault the service, I thought the food was not as it was on my previous visit (August 2013).

Anyone shed any light on this?
Thanks.