“Food OK but got ripped off - don't go there!”
Review of Os Arcos

Os Arcos
Ranked #320 of 394 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Food OK but got ripped off - don't go there!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We ate here last night and the food was ok but when we returned all of the couvert but the bread and butter, the waiter seemed surprised. We don't like olives and I hate cheese. Having heard that you can sometimes be charged even if you don't have the couvert we checked the bill to find we had been charged €6.20 for the bread and butter. We said that we would not pay it but they weren't happy. After much arguing they agreed to take one couvert off and still wanted over €3 euros for bread and butter! A disgrace when we've been paying just over 1. To add insult to injury the waiter smirked and told us we would get bread for €1 in a supermarket. Don't go there - go to O Cavaliero further down the road.

• Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
“never got what we asked for”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Not as good as we hoped though we ate there three times! My husband was luckier than me with his meals Marcio was a great waiter and was worried I didn't like my meal my husband and I ended up swopping second time the waiter seemed vague I wanted chicken kebab no clams chips and rice grabbed Marcio got the kebab no rice but veg!! Everyone else had rice and veg Marcio very annoyed apologised over and over again their time ordered chicken kebab no clams rice and chips (it was good) only to get chicken kebab with clams waiter took them off!! A bowl of veg!! Changed for a bowl of rice!! When everyone else had rice on their plates awful meal for me again swimming in butter sauce yuk no Marcio he was the only one who seemed to understand and was bothered very hit and miss hubby's was fine and I'm not really fussy! Wont go back

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank michele1401
Morzine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing seafood delights!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had an amazing dinner at this restaurant. Marcio the waiter was really very friendly and helpful - we had never ordered seafood before and he advised quantities and humoured all our questions! We ordered a selection including lobster, crab, prawns, shrimp and seabass - everything was delicious and well presented. Desserts were great too - try the choc mousse or the local portugese desserts which we given a selection to try after we had had our own desserts! Thank you for a great nite!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Gem74110
Hiawassee, Georgia
“Great Lunch Experience”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

A resident Brit recommended this restaurant and it exceeded our expectations. We had the mixed fish grill which included 4 types of local fish and the monk fish with rice. Both were excellent. We also had the rose' sangria which was delightful. We finished with a local Portugese desert and coffee. It was a marvelous mid day lunch experience. Of yes, the waiter Marcio was fabulous. He was very attentive and made great suggestions.

• Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“DO NOT GO”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Do not go to this restaurant. The food was expensive and extremely poor for Portuguese standards. The Octopus salad was ok and that is the best compliment I could pay for any dish. In addition to the food being poor, I was overcharged for the meal. When the bill did come, I asked to pay in Euro's 3 times and the waiter disregarded me and charged me in GBP.

Do not go.