“Great view, great food.”

Trattoria Vecchia Milano
Ranked #73 of 478 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Small family-run Italian restaurant just off the main square Lagos. Delicious Italian food, with a wide range of specials every day. Interesting sounding meat and fish dishes, and not expensive. We had the home-made pasta dishes, which were delicious and good value. Friendly staff, who also apparently speak German. Highly recommended as a cut above the usual pizza places, and a change from the many Portuguese restaurants in Lagos. Opens 12-15 at lunch and 18.30 to 24.00 for dinner.
Reviewed June 16, 2017

We arrived a minute after they had opened and we had the luxury of choosing where to sit. We sat on the terrace overlooking Lagos and the sea which was lovely. The minestrone soup to start was full of flavour and all so fresh, I'd highly recommend! Both mains were again full of flavour and so fresh. Service was great also. I'd definitely recommend this restaurant for the view and the food.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed June 10, 2017

This is a must visit every time we are in Lagos. It serves the best pasta dishes outside of Italy run and cooked by real Italians. Never disappointed by any of their dishes but this time I thoroughly enjoyed the Carpacchio followed by the Lasagne which was the best I have ever tasted. It has lovely rooftop restaurant during the warm months and beautiful downstairs restaurant for the cooler months. If you like Italian food you must try this restaurant.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 30, 2017

There are many Pizzerias and similar Italian eateries in this area, but if you are looking for a more upmarket sophisticated Italian restaurant which offers a wide range of better dining - both traditional and gourmet cuisine - then this is the place I would recommend, again, and again, and again.

A wonderful atmosphere, superb cooking by the resident Lady Chef (who is also part-owner), and excellent service headed up by the front-of-house, who is the other part-owner.

Cheekily, I asked to go off-menu, for dessert, and I really felt like an Affogato. They made me one, the like of which I have never ever had before. The ice cream was a dark traditional Sicilian ice cream (NOT chocolate, but fruity, with raisins and other lovely "bits" therein), which complimented the espresso perfectly.
Wine as recommended by the Owner were just superb.

Not fast food, and not cheap, but excellent fine dining at good value for money.

HGML

Reviewed May 28, 2017 via mobile

Arrived during a busy period but we were welcomed in. The food and service was outstanding. Highly recommended

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

Had dinner in this beautiful Italian last night. I had the bruschetta which was the best I had ever had and then the meat filled ravioli with a butter and sage sauce, simply divine. My boyfriend had the garlic bread which he said was the best he had ever had and the Angus steak which was so tender! We shared the Profiteroles, as we simply had no room and they matched the standard of the rest of the meal! It was extremely reasonable and the view as the sun set was second to none, as was the service!