“Amazing holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lagos
Casa Offshore Surf, Kitesurf & SUP Lodge
Ranked #3 of 132 Specialty Lodging in Lagos
Brussels, Belgium
“Amazing holiday”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Excellent atmosphere, funny and interesting people from different countries and friendly and very helpful staff that made you feel very welcome, clean and nice rooms with lots of beautiful places for socializing and relaxing, beautiful landscape and a great surf experience! Plus, after surf papering and funny time in the jacuzzi! One of my best holidays!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sebastian W, Owner at Casa Offshore Surf, Kitesurf & SUP Lodge, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your great review, it was a pleasure and we are very happy that you enjoyed it so much. We plan to work on even more socialising areas for next year and will have a swimming pool, in addition to the hot tub, for even more "fun time" after surfing. We look forward to seeing you again.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Having stayed in the main Casa Offshore house earlier in the summer for the first time, I returned in October for five nights and was the first guest to stay in the 'new and improved' part of the Casa empire. Alice fell down a hole into her Wonderland, all I had to do is step through the gate at the back of the main Casa property to find MY Wonderland!! (Thanks for the hole in the wall Pete, you’re better than any Cheshire cat!)

AMAZING! Swimming pool *check, games area *check, fancy BBQ area *check, large clean comfortable en suite room *check, best shower I've ever had *check, suntrap terrace *check, two beautiful Portuguese Water dogs to cuddle *check, plus all the fantastic amenities available in the main Casa (hot tub, hammock, garden, TV & DVD, self catering kitchen, internet access etc). All of this within a 7 minute walk of the town centre and its bars and restaurants. Ask staff for recommendations.

I didn't think the owners could improve on the service they provided during my last trip but they proved me wrong! Surf lessons were amazing as usual, following the waves to different beaches each day. The people who work at the Casa are phenomenal; professional as well as accommodating and great craic too! Sharon & Michaela are so organised and willing to try their best to fit you in when you decide you want more surfing/extra nights ‘cause you don’t want to go home yet! Little tip for the ladies, if you want your hair cut ask Keeley. I mentioned that I wasn't happy with a recent hair cut I had gotten at home and she offered to fix it for me. Sitting in the sunny garden getting the best hair cut you've ever had is a bizarre experience, and one I don't think I would have gotten anywhere else!!

Okay I’m starting to gush now which is a little embarrassing so I will stop! To sum up, the new additions to the Casa property have added a whole new dimension to the Casa experience and I will be back again. And again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sebastian W, Owner at Casa Offshore Surf, Kitesurf & SUP Lodge, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your brilliant comments about the new and improved Casa Offshore, you will be welcome back anytime!
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We met the Extreme Algarve staff randomly at the Red Eye Bar, booked class for the next day and that was one of the best decisions ever. Although we didn't stay at Casa Offshore we did have a glance around and the house is really nice and clean. The surf school was just amazing - great instructors - Lee and Rick - very helpful, super nice,great "class"-mates :),lunch on the beach, esp. tuna salad was DELICIOUS - yummy!! Definitely coming back! Thank you for everything. xo. Slovak Tornado

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks dude for the great comments and next time you will be very welcome to stay at the Casa, now you have found us!
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had an absolutely brilliant time at Casa Offshore whatta a great spot, run really well by a great crew. So chilled out and friendly. The BBQ night was epic, Sebastien,Sharon and team are really fantastic hosts! The house is really homely and great place to relax whether on a sunlounger under the giant palm tree or in the hot tub! Theres also a nice living room area to watch tv/dvds which I had no time for but a great option if not going out on the town. Stayed in the 5 bed dorm which has its own en suite so was great and was so lucky with my roommates! Met some really sound people staying at the Casa too and surfing, which really made the holiday also..nice mix of nationalities Irish,English,Czech, and a few crazy Russians!
I had been on a few surf hols before but the Surf lessons were prob the best I have had and by the end of my course I had caught the bug again!Scottish Lee and super sub instructor Aussie Mark were great as was Sebastien and Marcel the instructor masters!

Lagos town itself is a brilliant spot, great vibe and mix of visitors from backpackers,students to families and the older generation. The old town is beautiful with endless amount of fantastic restaurants and bars! The mojitos at Shaker Bar were legendary! A bit too much so! Some great nights in Red Eye bar, Inside Out and Grand Cafe til the early hours! The scenery on the coastline is amazing too took a boat trip to the grottos and snapped all the hidden beaches and caves, highly recommend the Bom Dia trip. Didn't have the energy to kayak out on my day off surf but looked like a great option too!
All in all am looking forward to going back to Lagos again in future and staying at the Casa again esp with the new pool coming!!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank surfchickelo
Wow! Thank you for the huge comment here, you put a lot of thought and effort into this and we really appreciate it. Glad everything was so good for you, come back and see us sometime - you know where we are!
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I booked a surf & stay holiday in the summer of 2011 for me & my 13 yo daughter. We booked through Surfholidays.com and whilst we stayed at the Villabranca Apts just up the road, Casa Offshore (aka Extreme Algarve) helped organise the trip and took responsibility for safely getting us there from the airport, as well as taking care of the surfing lessons.
From the moment we were collected from the airport by Pete, the service was excellent.
Sharon took care of the arrangements of when & where we had to meet up for the first days surf by texting us before we left the UK, and made sure throughout the holiday that we (and especially my daughter) were well looked after - nothing was too much trouble.
Although we didn't stay there, everyone we surfed with did, and i can't recall any bad comments - apart, perhaps from when they almost ran out of beer at the weekly BBQ!
(- that has to be one of the finest BBQ's i've ever had - full marks to Seb & Pete)
As for the surf lessons and instructors, they were superb. All four of them (Seb, Lee, Marcel & Rick) were brilliant - not only were they excellent surfers, but they were excellent people as well.
They quickly sussed out how good (or bad) you were and pushed you to improve at a pace and in a way that you were happy with, occasionally taking you of your comfort zone but always in a controlled way.
As a parent, I was especially pleased in the way they looked after my daughter and i have to say that Lee was just brilliant with her. The lessons were always fun and we never wanted to get out of the water, even though it was so damn cold at times!
I'm glad to say that not only did we really enjoy the holiday, but our surfing also greatly improved as well and we're now working on our turns back in the UK...i feel another trip to Lagos may be required just to fine tune things!
Can't recommend them highly enough.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for the great feedback, the lads really appreciate your comments about their surf instruction. NEARLY ran out of beer at the BBQ, that won't happen again and they are still going from strength to strength you will be glad to know. Look forward to seeing you again.
London
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed here for a week whilst taking surf lessons. Casa Offshore had a warm and friendly environment and was very clean. The staff and surf instructors were extremely helpful and kind and so were the other guests staying there. Location is very close to the city and beaches, all walking distance. Barbecue night was a huge success and the food was delicious and it was great getting to know everyone who was staying there.

Overall you can expect a great holiday that offers everything from great weather, great sport and great accommodation and company.

Thank you for an amazing experience x

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you and glad you enjoyed it. We are stoked that our BBQs still rate up there, thank you for the great comments about the food. See you again sometime.
Gdansk, Poland
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Casa Offshore for a week of fun surfing and relaxing, and I can tell you this, after only one day we decided to go back next year. First of all, the Casa was amazing with all of its lounge areas, the hot tub and the much fought for hammock, you couldn't get a nicer place to hang out in after a hardy day of surfing. And the people, OMG the people! The travelers, the staff and frankly everyone else we met during our stay there were like icing on the beautiful cake that is Lagos. We truly made friends, all of us who where staying there, and so effortlessly!
Lastly, the only way I can describe the surf is with and old swedish expression translated to bloody tooth, surfing gives you a bloody tooth! You go out there, try it for the first time and you like it so much that you want mooore. The instructors were great, helpful, funny and chilled out, exactly what you need out there in the water. Overall, just the best place to be if you want to get away from your busy life for a while.
Mariam, Sweden.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for a great review and you will be welcome back anytime. We are lucky with the people we attract they are always a great crowd and make our job so much more fun too. You know where we are!