“Great first meal in Portugal”

O Alberto Restaurante
Ranked #41 of 477 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My family and I went here for dinner our first night in Lagos, as it was very near our accommodations. We had a wonderful meal and everyone enjoyed what they ordered. My salmon was absolutely delicious. My mom ordered the shrimp and rice and it was enough for two- it was a lot of food! The house wine, we determined later, was pricey for a not that great house wine, but that was the only downside. There was one man cooking everything and we loved that there were large open windows to view the kitchen.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

Worth seeking out - only a few mins up the hill from town, this restaurant serves great food, and the service was brilliant. Do make the effort to go!

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

It may be a bit out of the way, but this is a great little find for authentic Portuguese food. The Monkfish kebabs are wonderful. We liked it so much we came here on two consecutive nights. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

This was our best meal out during our week long holiday. We were recommended this restaurant for steaks and we weren’t disappointed.
It’s a bit off the beaten track, but well worth tracking down.
It has a homely feel with very good and friendly service and the food is excellent.
Six of us all had starters and a choice of steaks - everything was cooked to perfection and very filling - we had to pass on the deserts!
We washed the meals down with a couple of litre jugs of house red which was very good and very cheap.
The bill came up just over €160 which was great value for money.
It might not be the plushest restaurant around, but it’s well worth a visit.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here recently, restaurant was a bit tricky to find, but well worth visiting. Run by a man and wife team who were both very friendly and provided very good service. This is not fancy cooking but good quality home cooking, you can see the food being cooked in the open kitchen which adds to the experience. I had a fresh ‘black bream’ and my wife had the ‘peri peri’ chicken. Both were great. House red wine was inexpensive and good.
Restaurant and toilets all spotlessly clean, don’t be put off by the outside or surroundings.

Date of visit: April 2019