“Consistently excellent”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by the owner of the apartment we rented. Nothing to look at outside and on a street off the beaten track, the inside too is nothing special. But seek it out - the food is superb. Alberto can be seen from your table cooking all the food fresh and you'll be served by Odette who does everything - welcomes you warmly, serves drinks in the bar and restaurant, takes orders, opens the wine, and serves the food. We ate here last year too and nothing has changed - we've never had a bad meal. Can recommend the avocado with prawns, swordfish, veal kebabs, steaks, grilled 'prawns' (massive) to name but a few of the choices. You won't be disappointed with the prices either!

3  Thank bettypalmer
There are newer reviews for O Alberto Restaurante

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have just returned from Lagos and having been four years since our last visit we were looking forward to visiting O Alberto. We tried a couple of new restaurants but none compared to O Alberto. The food is wonderful and Odette is absolutely lovely, ensuring good service and making sure that everything is ok. Watching Alberto prepare and cook is like watching an artist. It is still our favourite after many years.

3  Thank SueChalmers
Reviewed September 4, 2013

During our vacation in lagos we had the pleasure of eating at O Alberto. In August while on holiday we ate at the restaurant on four occasions - lovely soups (onion & special tomato),super quality steaks, both Fillet & Sirloin, lovely Pork & Lamb chops; and on our final night, a beautifully cooked Monkfish cataplana.

1  Thank Mizi1102
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Having been holidaying in Lagos for many years I had never been to O Alberto previously and how I have been missing out. I have to say this is one of the very best places I have ever eaten. A very warm welcome from Odette. We ate there on several occasions on our week stay in Lagos which really is testament to how good it is. The place is spotlessly clean and the food freshly prepared by Alberto who you can watch do this in his open kitchen from your table. We had the monkfish cataplana on our first night and it was delicious, so light, fresh and very tasty. I sampled the chicken piri piri as a way of comparison to other restaurants and this was another great tasting meal, I don't know how Alberto does it but the chips he makes are the best I've ever had and I think likely to have. Over the week we also sampled the seafood rice, sea bass, monkfish kebab and steak, all of which were cooked to perfection and delicious, meals are well complimented by vinho verde. A couple of desserts were also sampled and each of these were equally as delightful as the main meals. The prices were extremely reasonable for example 6.50 (euros) for the chicken piri piri, 10.50 for the monkfish kebab. I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation to anyone. It is situated away from the centre of town and is located opposite the GNR and behind the Hotel Tivoli. It is also frequented by locals which I always think is a good sign. Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank clarki74
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Every time we visit Lagos this is one restaurant that we always make for. It's very good value, great service and excellent food. They in my opinion serve the best chips in Lagos. You can watch the chef in action from your table whilst being served by the lovely Odette who is warm and friendly.great fish, steaks etc and not expensive. We always go to the Tivoli for a cocktail then up to O Albertos. Always one of our best evenings

1  Thank haventravellers5