“Excellent service and best polvo ever !”

Restaurante O Alcaide
Ranked #58 of 477 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Portuguese, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Restaurant 'O Alcaide', a very nice place for lunch or dinner in a family atmosphere, a delicious meal accompanied by good wine. Come and see our specialties!Opened in September 2009, O Alcaide is located at Rua Porta da Vila, near the Fire Department in Lagos. O Alcaide is the ideal place to enjoy your meal in a relaxed and familiar ambient. O Alcaide is open everyday for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

We had a dinner here after noticed such a good reviews !
Service was great, the waiter who may be the owner, was an old gentleman, very polite and speaking good English
I definitely recommend the octopus who was the best I tasted in Algarve Coast
Not very good the spaghetti ( sorry I am Italian :) )
Calm and cozy atmosphere
Local context
Reasonable money
He even gave us starters with bread without ordered
Thanks !

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

We went to this restaurant, because of its excellent reviews.

The atmosphere was charming but bordering the antiquated (and not in a good way). The waiter seemed to have a no words policy and did not even speak 8 words with us (and I am not exaggerating here).
My girlfriend and I both had pasta dishes, after all this is supposed to be an Italien restaurant. She had a disappointing Bolognese. It resembled more a portion of cooked and seasoned ground beef. I had a shrimp and tomato sauce with my spaghetti, which was alright, but lacked flavour. The price was ok for European standards, but in light of other experiences we had in Lagos and Portugal a little on the expensive side (and especially if you considered the mediocre food).

Overall a disappointing experience and I cannot recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 6, 2019

This is opposite the little French bistro Casa Do Pintor (also excellent); we chanced upon it and read the menu displayed in the window. What took our fancy was that it has Chateaubriand - in a traditional Portuguese restaurant. So, like true adventurous diners who live locally, we gave it a go: and were blown away.
It's small and welcoming, the host/owner/chef charming.
We started with that very trad avocado and prawn cocktail, and smoked salmon, allowing room for the chateaubriand (we order on the medium rare to rare side). It was presented on a platter with simple vegetables: but this meat was exceptional. Cooked to perfection, melting consistency, flavoursome but not overpowering. It was strange to have peppercorn sauce, but it worked. And again, a small but good wine list - extremely affordable and quality.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Nice place and delicous food. You can feel that the chef is very thorough and makes an effort. I got a delicious pasta and had it made vegetarian by request.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019

We ate here a few years ago and it did not disappoint this time. Very friendly welcome from the staff. Lovely atmosphere in a small dining area. The food is fantastic quality cooked to perfection and very reasonably priced. A really nice dining experience, so good we returned a few nights later.

Date of visit: March 2019