“Comfortable Fine French Dining”

Casa do Pintor - Gourmet & Bistro
Ranked #7 of 478 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open for Lunch & Dinner Everyday.
Reviewed May 25, 2018 via mobile

Friendly comfortable but excellent food. My wife and I had the duck confit. Amazing. All of the dishes are prepared by the owner chef. The presentation is beautiful. (See pictures).

1  Thank Freqnyctraver

Reviewed May 23, 2018 via mobile

Saw this restaurant on trip advisor and thought it was worth a visit. We phoned initally on Sunday to book a table and was advised that the restsurant was closed for a special reason , and that i could come on Monday if i so wished.So my wife , daughter and myself walked up the hill on
Monday night and glad we did as we had a great evening, food was fantastic and the chef was a lovely person. My wife and daughter had the scallops as starters and they were to die for. I had the salmon tartar and it was delicious. All 3 starters were professionally presented as was the mains. My wife and daughter had the beef bourguignon and I had the duck with pear, vegetables etc and it was in a lovely flavoured sauce. All 3 dishes again tasted fantastic. The beef itself was a beautiful piece of meat on a bed of creamy potatoes. It was cooked perfectly. Infact the portion sizes was so generous that my daughter couldnt finished it as much as she wanted too. I ended up taking the remainder of her beef as I didnt want to see such great beef going to waste. It melted in your mouth.My own duck dish was superb and I loved the way it was presented with a marinated pear, some raspberries and lovely veg. Again portions were eccellent and i honestly don't know how I managed to finish off my own meal along with some of my daughters. The food was so good I had to finish off my daughters beef as I hate good food going to waste.
We didn't have desserts as we are not sweet eaters but the deserts I seen served looked amazing.
After our meal we got talking to the chef and we found out he worked in France for 20+ years, takes great care to source the best of ingredients and it is very obvious he is passion about his food, how it is cooked, how well it is presented and the most important thing of all how good it tastes.
I would recommend this restaurant to everyone who really appreciates great food and great tastes. You will not be disappointed. I will be going back to this restaurant the next time I am in Lagos.
Damian.

2  Thank Damian_13
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

Annoying after walking 30mins up the hill to get to this place for it not even to be open... Not even a sign or anything to explain why either

3  Thank WhitehavenLAD
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

It was great to be at Casa do Pintor again (we come every year to Lagos). The foie gras is really excellent, everybody should try. The tournedos is fantastic prepared and of great taste as well. My wife had the lamsrack, and accordingly to her the best she had in times.
We close our holiday in Lagos by going for a second time to Casa do Pintor (the chef promised me another way of preparing foie gras, but i am sure it will be fantastic again)

Reviewed May 12, 2018

Warth a visit. Very nice cozy restaurant with very friendly staff. We were served by chef of the kitchen himself. My boyfriend was very pleased of the decoration of every meal we have ordered. As we visited other restaurant in Lagos region, we think it was the best place we visited so far regarding the food, hospitality and friendly staff. My family is coming to visit us to Lagos next month and I cannot wait to bring them there again to eat such a lovely tasteful meal with them. Also I would suggest to make an reservation in advanced. Contact number (+351 917 334 398).