“So delicious we went back again two days later!”

Casa do Pintor - Gourmet & Bistro
Ranked #5 of 419 Restaurants in Lagos
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Open for Lunch & Dinner Everyday.
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I decided to visit Casa Do Pintor after reading the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor and it certainly lived up to it's reputation for excellent food. It also lived up to it's reputation for slow service but the moment we took the first bite of our starters we knew it had been well worth the wait!

I'm writing this review a year since our visit so the details are a little hazy but I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I've ever had. (Hence the belated review - no restaurant has topped the delicious combination of flavours and presentation since!)

I had the crayfish, avocado and beetroot to start - which was presented beautifully as a tower. Then I had the duck, which was exquisite. And to finish, I had this incredible gingerbread and foie gras dessert - an unexpectedly perfect combination!

When we go on holiday I insist we try a variety of restaurants and never go back to the same one twice. (Especially on a week long trip.) Well, after that meal, we were itching to try out more from the menu so I broke my own unwritten rule and we returned again!

The second time around was just as wonderful as the first but I think we were even more relaxed and enjoyed ourselves that little bit more as we knew to expect a long (but worthwhile) wait between courses. We sat back, relaxed and soaked up the intimate, candlelit atmosphere while we sipped our wine and laughed about our escapades on a long bicycle ride we'd taken that day.

A family run business through and through, as were leaving, we were surprised to discover that the owner/waiter's mum was the chef! Amazing right?

I highly recommend a visit (or two) to Casa Do Pintor - perfect for a romantic dinner date or a relaxed meal amongst friends.

2  Thank Zee_and_Elizabeth

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Was really looking forward to eating here based on the pictures I had seen up in trip advisor - and I have to say the food did not disappoint - had the prawn cocktail to start and the trilogy taster for main - both excellently presented and delicious - could not finish due to amount of food. It was very disappointing though when he named out half the menu that was not available, as he was 'between menu's' - choice did become very limited.
Now to the server - I have never come across such rudeness in all my time - ok, it was saturday night, the place was busy, (albeit not at 100% capacity), but this guy is the most chauvenistic I have ever come across. He proceeded to tell my partner about all the specials, not once looking at me, then when it came to ordering, I asked for the 2 trilogy's (starters and mains - I like variety!), and he looked at me and said no - then proceeded to tell my partner the reasons I cant have them - first started saying that the restaurant was too busy and he didnt have time to make them, then saying it was too much food, that I 'shouldnt' have both of them - I think it was more the former! All the while, as I stared in disbelief at my partner, while he explained this to HIM....and it wasnt just me who noticed, my partner was in disbelief aswell at his rudeness!
As the night went on, the server did relax a bit more, and became a bit more friendly, but he did not pour the wine once for us. Was also disappointed at the wine menu, was expecting a huge choice from reviews below, but only one french red on the menu?
Overall, wouldnt be in a rush back, but the food that was served was top notch quality, but a restaurant visit is more than just food as you all know.

1  Thank Eimearsull
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had a great meal here on a slow night. Our server was charming, funny, and attentive. My husband ordered the frog legs and they were cooked to perfection, i had the goat cheese starter so good cannot justify with words so will add a picture. My husband had the lamb, and I had the scallops for our main, again will add a picture. I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a family run restaurant that prides itself on quality so don't expect to rush because it just won't happen ! However the resulting enjoyment of good wine and excellent French food equals a fabulous night out. We booked our table for 7.30 which was great as we were the only party there and had the sole attention of the house. The front of house( Alex I think) was extremely friendly , pleasant and welcoming. There was fresh homemade bread with a complimentary appetizer of a coleslaw of celeriac and crab which was unusual but superb. The starter , crayfish cocktail was a picture on a plate and equally tasty. Mains included duck, scallops , steak, cod and taster trilogy.
This is a lovely place to visit for a special occasion once on your holidays and not as expensive as some of less quality. Definitely worth a visit . It's up near the fire station but taxi drivers know it.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Very personal approach of french owner. Interesting food combinations, visual and taste enjoyment. Small place just outside of tourist paths